Peacehaven
Will Hoskins,Will Buckley & pretty soon kazenga lualua

and we are still in june.

I bet the ink was still wet when glenn Murray realised
he had just f***ed his career up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't think his bank manager would agree.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I bet the ink was still wet when glenn Murray realised
he had just f***ed his career up.

Naah, he MUST have realised we would be out there spending this summer, and Gus being Gus, he would be bringing in quality players. the move was purely about maximising his short-term earnings, and it would appear that it's job done.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i wish people would shut up about murray. Who cares? It's now so dull.

Trust me, this will run and run and run ..... you'll have to get used to joining in, or ignoring. Our top goalscorer has joined our rivals, who are in the same division as us. If that story doesn't keep replaying with fans, then I don't know what does.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Trust me, this will run and run and run ..... you'll have to get used to joining in, or ignoring. Our top goalscorer has joined our rivals, who are in the same division as us. If that story doesn't keep replaying with fans, then I don't know what does.

You know how it goes, everybody is hoping that he'll be a glorious failure and they'll be very annoyed if he isn't. He's the new Leon Knight.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The simple fact is that Palace were able to guarantee him first team football and we werent. So he chose somewhere where the rest of the team are so shit that even my sister would get a starting spot and I guess that as a professional footballer is the most important thing....still a stupid twat for choosing the scum tho!

Mistasita

May 7, 2011
I agree with Gritt23 , you can not have a player moving from Albion to Palace without a major emotional outbursting and associated re-visit to the old enemy stories. I also agree that GM will turn out to be no great loss as Gus would have been looking to up the class levels - league 1 was one level - Championship another simples.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
You know how it goes, everybody is hoping that he'll be a glorious failure and they'll be very annoyed if he isn't. He's the new Leon Knight.

I don't think he is as bad as Leon Knight, as he hasn't slagged us off as such. He has just pissed us off because he has signed for that lot up the road. Nobody knows until next season how he will fare in the Championship until next season. I hope he is a complete failure, because I hope they will be a complete failure. I just hope he gets a stiff neck, having to look up the league at us, from his lowly place among the relegation places.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What have you guys done with all your "Glen Murray" football shirts by the way? Hope they're going to be recycled, expect to see a whole team of Murrays out in Ethiopia or somewhere on the TV the next time there's a famine appeal.

Some hopes...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
We haven't played, beaten or finished above Palace yet.

We are still in June.

I'm no fan of Murray, but we haven't had the last laugh yet, not by a long stretch.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
What have you guys done with all your "Glen Murray" football shirts by the way? Hope they're going to be recycled, expect to see a whole team of Murrays out in Ethiopia or somewhere on the TV the next time there's a famine appeal.

Some hopes...
We'll just make sure they understand what a f***ing turncoat he is, and let them burn the shirts instead.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't think he is as bad as Leon Knight, as he hasn't slagged us off as such. He has just pissed us off because he has signed for that lot up the road. Nobody knows until next season how he will fare in the Championship until next season. I hope he is a complete failure, because I hope they will be a complete failure. I just hope he gets a stiff neck, having to look up the league at us, from his lowly place among the relegation places.

Anybody with half a brain knows why he left and they wouldn't blame him. However as he's joining P*l*c* to some he will always be the son of Satan.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Just some?

Quite. I understand him leaving if we weren't going to pay him what he wanted, footballers are mercenaries, and if I was in his position I might well have done the same thing. Who wouldn't. But PALACE? No, that understanding evaporated that second. Judas, and anyone pretending to be 'bigger' or 'better' than those who hate him now are the exact people taking the passion out of football. The sport is a pantomime, it has its conventions that everyone understands. And turning to your bitterest rivals for money makes you villain no.1.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We didn't want to over pay him is the main point. Doesn't mean he's crap. He didn't particularly fit in personality wise from all accounts and wasn't a Gus player but we'd have been happy to keep him for say 5k a week if he was on 3-4 previously. If he came and asked for 15k though given that wage scenario plus 6 figure signing bonus and a third year on contract, why would we give in unless don't think can attract someone just as good now, with more potential or experience at this level (or both even)?

Let him walk and is a shame he's gone to palace, but rather in some ways he goes there and helps them come 3rd bottom not last, rather than a competitor mid table and face us year after year. Think will be an average Championship striker who would have been useful but if have to overpay someone can do that for a single season for someone who fits, while we find more of the right bodies like Hoskins, Buckley and Lua Lua

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Quite. I understand him leaving if we weren't going to pay him what he wanted, footballers are mercenaries, and if I was in his position I might well have done the same thing. Who wouldn't. But PALACE? No, that understanding evaporated that second. Judas, and anyone pretending to be 'bigger' or 'better' than those who hate him now are the exact people taking the passion out of football. The sport is a pantomime, it has its conventions that everyone understands. And turning to your bitterest rivals for money makes you villain no.1.

That's bollox, he's a professional (gets paid to play) so he has a right to work for the best wage he can get, that's what the vast majority do. The fact that he's a Palace player is down to them paying him better than anybody else. Do you think that BHA fans disapproval of his choice of employer would compensate him for the loss of earnings ?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
That's bollox, he's a professional (gets paid to play) so he has a right to work for the best wage he can get, that's what the vast majority do. The fact that he's a Palace player is down to them paying him better than anybody else. Do you think that BHA fans disapproval of his choice of employer would compensate him for the loss of earnings ?

I'm not saying the fact they're our rivals should've made him turn them down, I don't think you read what I put. What I'm saying is *I* don't forgive him for it, *I* won't cheer him onto the pitch at the Amex. He'll get shit from Albion fans *as a result* of his choice, not that our potential reaction should govern his decision in the first place. I just think anyone spouting the "he's a professional, he doesn't care, it doesn't matter, he's just another player" is right in part - of course he doesn't care - but TO US, it DOES matter, and any Brighton fan saying it doesn't matter obviously doesn't understand football rivalry. He is our Sol Campbell, Spurs-Arsenal. Our Carlos Tevez, Utd-City. He was a key player who defected to our rivals. It doesn't matter he doesn't care. WE DO. And if you don't, I'm questioning YOU. Not him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here