Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray "The Brighton/Palace rivalry was not one I knew about"

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
According to Andy Naylor, when asked for a piece for a Palace Programme, Glenn named Eric Cantona as one of his choices for a fantasy dinner guest. Bet that went down well

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He's a liar then. Well, either that or he was sticking Paint Thinners in his Orange Juice all the time he was (not very) cheerfully receiving the Albion coin.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
So you are suggesting with that, that palace will get promoted while we have no chance?

What's his goal tally so far anyway, is he breaking scoring records for the pikey filth?

I suspect El Pres was speaking in past tense.

Would we have been promoted last season without his goals?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So you are suggesting with that, that palace will get promoted while we have no chance?

What's his goal tally so far anyway, is he breaking scoring records for the pikey filth?

No, I am saying that without his goals last season, as well as his all round play, we would not have been promoted. We didn't win a game after he went off injured against Stains at Withdean. I suspect that we would not have lost that game either if he had played for 90 minutes, as his aerial cover when defending would have helped out at the back.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You are picking peripheral players whom were brought in (or had their contracts extended) as tertiary strikers. Hoskins and CM-S are tantamount to a different breed and I'm pretty certain that Gus knows that!

True, but personally I would say that had Murray been in contract he would cost about £1.5m (based on CMS being £2.5m). He was IMO the third best striker in L1 last season, behind Lambert and CMS.

Last season we did not have £5mill to spend on players as we have done so far this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
True, but personally I would say that had Murray been in contract he would cost about £1.5m (based on CMS being £2.5m). He was IMO the third best striker in L1 last season, behind Lambert and CMS.

Last season we did not have £5mill to spend on players as we have done so far this season.

Glenn Murray = no promotion? What absolute rubbish.

Sure he had a good season, but you are insinuating we were a one man team, which is complete nonsense. If Elliott hadn't set Murray up etc. Etc....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
murray is a thick northern twatt if he remained ignorant of our rivalry with palace , let's face it , he never embraced the club and i personally reckon his goose was cooked long before he eventually left , pretty sure gus would be kicking himself although he would never admit it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here