Murray or CMS?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
no brainer !!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
CMS will score oodles for us next year. Don't write him off yet.

I hope you are correct, in some ways, but not in others.

We all want him to get a reward for all of his hard work, by scoring goals. Unfortunately, whilst there is a small chance of him getting more goals next season, it would certainly mean that we missed out on the playoffs and promotion!

Thankfully, we cannot get relegated. If we had gone down, then he waould have been odds-on to get loads at that level.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Murray. Anyone who thinks differently has been supporting us for under one year.

One assumes its exactly that period between one and two years though. He was so temperamental, infuriating and lazy for the preceding two years. One great season does not a Championship striker make.

You clearly have only supported the Albion for two years!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, it was also a little unfair.

I remember his first game for us (at Northampton one night I think). He came on, tried really hard, and the fans loved him. It then went wrong.

Yeah true. And I think his full debut he scored twice. And for the whole of last season I LOVED him... Mind you the only word I can think to describe his first couple of years was "lethargic"

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
The trouble is that everyone clealry remembers Murray running at league 1 defenders and getting quite a lot out of the space he was given to work with.
They are compering that against Smith in the Championship working like mad to find any space and get into positions which might bear some returns. Look at Murray now he's at Chrystal Palace. There's not some amazing key difference in the service, he isn't being starved of the ball! If he can't make things happen for himself on a football pitch as a professional striker making good lolly, then it's correct that he's NOT GOOD ENOUGH in this league and would not have been for us either.
I'll have been surprised if he would have scored as many as Smith, and I doubt he'd have even got the number that Barnes has got.
He's just not good enough for this level, why can't people see that? Even the Palace have sussed that much, and they are all a bit slow.

Think about it - it was the best for EVERYBODY that Murray went there. He didn't have to move house, got more wages with a family to raise, and a contract in a place he might be more likely to be able to stay at. Their fans were well chuffed with Freedman for copping what they thought was our best player. Now look!
We offloaded a player who was difficult to get along with for the manager, probably would be on the highest wages at our club, has been sussed by Championship defences, would have been worse to manage when he inevitably would have been dropped and had to earn back his place, would turn his back on us and especially if anyone got on his back from the crowd.
Honest, it would have been a mess, a disruptive influence we'd have wished we'd offloaded and the only good point would be we could get a Swindon or Carlisle to buy him off us (ONLY if he agreed to take a huge wages drop,or we'd be stuck with him).
I don't see the problem, or question here. We've moved on, and we have in CMS an asset who is still worth more than GM. We didn't throw 2.5million away, we just invested it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thats the heart talking and not the head.
I don't think so pal,why on earth would I pick Murray over cms?
Murray, 5 goals in only his first stint in the championship,also one good season in league 1 with 22 odd goals.

CMS,so far 19 goals in nearly two seasons in the championship,also bucket loads more goals than murray in league 1 including 35 league and cup goals last season,Scottish international to boot.

No comparison lets be bloody honest.

CMS might not be prolific but he has bags more potential than whingy lazy murray.You ask any fans in this country who they would want and it would be a landslide for CMS.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Absolute Bollocks.

No its not, CMS is very average. Murray does the business without having to run around like a headless chicken. The 2 worst decisions of Gus's managerial career is to buy a a good league 1 striker for £3.5million and let go a great striker who with his goals got us to where we are now. If you really think CMS is better than Murray then you need help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here