Murray NOT for sale...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thats him gone then

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its clear Murray is unsettled

Says who ? You ? You have inside knowledge or did you swallow that clap trap in that Oldham rag earlier this week ? Clearly all the people who are better placed than you to know the situation are lying then.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Says who ? You ? You have inside knowledge or did you swallow that clap trap in that Oldham rag earlier this week ? Clearly all the people who are better placed than you to know the situation are lying then.

I do have a little inside knowledge, he is not unsettled as such, however his missus is, and for that reason he wants to go. So far Cardiff are the side who have shown interest, whilst that is not a move back north, that is what I was told would be the most likely outcome.

Its a shame, but if his personal circumsance is so, then he should be allowed to go. Not quite sure why Cardiff though, then again, much bigger wages probably, would certainly soften the blow of not moving back up north.

Good luck to him, lets hope we get a decent fee for him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I do have a little inside knowledge, he is not unsettled as such, however his missus is, and for that reason he wants to go. So far Cardiff are the side who have shown interest, whilst that is not a move back north, that is what I was told would be the most likely outcome.

Its a shame, but if his personal circumsance is so, then he should be allowed to go. Not quite sure why Cardiff though, then again, much bigger wages probably, would certainly soften the blow of not moving back up north.

Good luck to him, lets hope we get a decent fee for him.

Well how do you explain so many people from within the club denying that he is leaving ? Far too many people on here seem to think they have inside knowledge when in fact it's mere speculation. Anyway, if he's bought a house here he'll lose a packet if he tried to sell in the current economic climate.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2 people, from within the club, yesterday, after the game, told me so.

I am not in the business of making stuff up, that was the conversation I had with 2 members of the club staff, directly after the game yesterday, on the Withdean premesis. These were senior members of staff, so I have no reason not to believe them, you would do too.

Perhaps it is because he specifically wants to move North, and because only Cardiff have shown interest, then maybe the club feels he will stay. But that is not what the player wants.

Like I said, just what I was told.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
2 people, from within the club, yesterday, after the game, told me so.

I am not in the business of making stuff up, that was the conversation I had with 2 members of the club staff, directly after the game yesterday, on the Withdean premesis. These were senior members of staff, so I have no reason not to believe them, you would do too.

Perhaps it is because he specifically wants to move North, and because only Cardiff have shown interest, then maybe the club feels he will stay. But that is not what the player wants.

Like I said, just what I was told.

I'd love to know which two "senior" members of staff are undermining the manager...

Murray is not for sale - the manager is building a squad, not dismantling it. Of course as someone rightly points out, every player has his price, but it would take a substantial amount of money to prise Glenn away from Withdean - which is unlikely, and even it was, considering he's injured at the moment, he would not pass a medical.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'd love to know which two "senior" members of staff are undermining the manager...

Murray is not for sale - the manager is building a squad, not dismantling it. Of course as someone rightly points out, every player has his price, but it would take a substantial amount of money to prise Glenn away from Withdean - which is unlikely, and even it was, considering he's injured at the moment, he would not pass a medical.

Good news.

When does the window close?

And how long do we have to wait until we can make loan signings again?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Thank you for that, I trust your word more than most !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Told you!!!!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
It is good that the club have come out and said this but every player does have his price. The thing is we need to seriously put the right valuation on him and I cannot see us selling him for less than we paid. So Glenn Murray should be priced at least at £325,000 and I cannot see anyone paying that for him as he does not currently justify that value.

Firstly, he is injured and secondly he has not banged in about 20 goals so far. For me the only teams that is worthwhile him joining (or us letting him join) would be a Championship club or a big League 1 team like Leicester and maybe Leeds. This is why I cannot seriously see a club making a bid.

Now the only circumstances I can envisage as prompting a move would be these 'personal issues', or more accurately, his wifes! As with Steve Thompson, Mickey Adams allowed him to move back to Scotland when we was unhappy so I am guessing the club will not stand in Murray's way either. But apparently the only club who have supposedly showed an interest is Cardif City and that is not exactly 'up north'. Then again, from a professional point of view The Bluebirds would be a decent move as they are well placed in the Championship play-off race and therefore the prospect of Premier League football is a real one.

I really hope Glenn stays as when fit he can start to build a relationship with Craig Davies so that they can be formidable next season...But I suppose we will know over the next 24+ hours one way or the other.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here