Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Looking Forward To Brighton Games

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
To be fair to Palace fans, only 3 or 4 have turned up here recently to attempt to give it large, the overwhelming vast majority of them understand the shift in the balance of power and superiority and are steering well clear of engaging in banter combat here. So to the few deluded Palace morons still posting on here, you are most welcome it gives lots of us plenty to laugh about.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To be fair to Palace fans, only 3 or 4 have turned up here recently to attempt to give it large, the overwhelming vast majority of them understand the shift in the balance of power and superiority and are steering well clear of engaging in banter combat here. So to the few deluded Palace morons still posting on here, you are most welcome it gives lots of us plenty to laugh about.

I'm still not comfortable with us bragging so much so early. Yes we've got the stadium, money and management team in place to compete more than ever, but I'm going to wait until we've settled in the Champioship and are outperforming them, before giving it large. We could look bloody stupid if we are rock bottom of the league come Xmas!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm still not comfortable with us bragging so much so early. Yes we've got the stadium, money and management team in place to compete more than ever, but I'm going to wait until we've settled in the Champioship and are outperforming them, before giving it large. We could look bloody stupid if we are rock bottom of the league come Xmas!
Yes. But this isn't going to happen. What is far more likely is that the Gus Bus will be leading the charge in the top 6 or 7 teams, whereas the gypsy caravan will be Freedman-freewheeling it's way towards league one, as befits the shithole of a "stadium" they have there, and Murray will score seven league goals all season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Yes. But this isn't going to happen. What is far more likely is that the Gus Bus will be leading the charge in the top 6 or 7 teams, whereas the gypsy caravan will be Freedman-freewheeling it's way towards league one, as befits the shithole of a "stadium" they have there, and Murray will score seven league goals all season.

I just don't like counting my chickens so to speak and have always erred on the pessimist side of things unfortunately. I am sure you are right but I'd rather wait a while before I proclaim the shift in power is complete

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just don't like counting my chickens so to speak and have always erred on the pessimist side of things unfortunately. I am sure you are right but I'd rather wait a while before I proclaim the shift in power is complete
Whereas I'm a half glass full kind of chap. Let's be honest, finishing 16th will be fantastic season for the Nigels, but with their squad (once the good bits have been cherry picked) they will be in league one in a year, possibly already looking forward to that Nigel v Norman derby with the Charlton bus-wankers next season.

On the other hand, Gus will bring in 4 top drawer signings and we will finish in the top 6, which will be quite splendid.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
I have heard that Palace are to sign Fernando Torres brother, Clit Torres is to be unveiled tomorrow.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11741_7028078,00.html

From the Newshound post, but thought it deserved to be on the Main Board. Is this the first he has said publicly since the move?

Despite scoring 22 goals to help the Seagulls clinch the League One title last term, striker Murray will be in for a hot reception when the sides meet after turning down a new contract to sign for their fierce derby rivals instead.

Brighton have since smashed their transfer record by signing Craig Mackail-Smith to replace Murray and are being tipped as dark horses for another promotion tilt.

But 27-year-old Murray is confident he made the right decision to leave the south coast and make the short trip up the A23 to south London.

"I'm looking forward to those two games especially, as I think our fans will be as well," he told Palace's official website.

"It's such a massive club. Palace were always in the top division when I was growing up so it's a big pull to play for a big club like this."
Murray I hate it when people start jokes and don't finish the punchline!

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Not too fussed about Murray. Let him get on with it. I thought he was a bit of a dick, but then he knocked on my front door asking who owns the garages behind my house. He seemed like a nice enough guy then. Hope he does ok, did well for us, just hope he NEVER scores against us, and that we finish above them.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It's really time to move on - give me shit when we play them yes - but bother about him until then - Na! He plays for the scum, that's all there is to it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not too fussed about Murray. Let him get on with it. I thought he was a bit of a dick, but then he knocked on my front door asking who owns the garages behind my house. He seemed like a nice enough guy then. Hope he does ok, did well for us, just hope he NEVER scores against us, and that we finish above them.

Well said, without him we would not be in the Championship, so why not say thanks for the goals and the good times Glenn, expect some stick, and ignore the braying bitters.

We offered him £6,500 a week for 2 years = £676,000 offered from us compared to £9,000 a week for 3 years = £1.404million from Palace.

Loyalty is one thing, turning down over £700k is another though.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
[/QUOTE]"It's such a massive club."[/QUOTE] :facepalm:

In what way is Crystal Palace massive ?

Fan base ? past trophies ? size of stadium ?

Help me out here because I am struggling big time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good time boys would probably be more apt.
Well Old Git its been a hell of a long wait for the good times to come back here.....you surely can't begrudge us having a bit of fun with it, can you?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
"It's such a massive club."[/QUOTE] :facepalm:

In what way is Crystal Palace massive ?

Fan base ? past trophies ? size of stadium ?

Help me out here because I am struggling big time.[/QUOTE]

Remind me how Brighton's average attendance has compared to ours in recent years?
Remind me how many trophies Brighton have won in the the last century?
Our stadium - despite being shit - is bigger than yours. Our new stadium will also be bigger.
Haven't been in the third tier for 35 years - unlike yourselves

Happy to help :)

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Well Old Git its been a hell of a long wait for the good times to come back here.....you surely can't begrudge us having a bit of fun with it, can you?
Not at all,but why does everyone on here get so overly excited whenever an away fan puts a different side to a story.Our away board is full of your lot,Wigman,bombardier botty,wehatepalace,seagull08 etc..Probably yourself as well.We take the piss and get it back .We are never going to acknowledge you are in any way superior to us (because you're not) and vice versa.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Who cares what he thinks?

8812305b-a667-4ed3-b8a3-3fcb5b7c725e.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here