Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray is fit for Saturday, and LuaLua...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murrays not coming back from injury though, he's just feeling a bit poorly, so I see no reason not to start him and Fozzie together on Saturday. We've got genuine PENETRATION down both flanks, so we should play BOTH our main strikers and htoroughly bitchslap those bumpkins into next Tuesday.

Hallelujah thank the Lord a sensible response

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Murrays not coming back from injury though, he's just feeling a bit poorly, so I see no reason not to start him and Fozzie together on Saturday. We've got genuine PENETRATION down both flanks, so we should play BOTH our main strikers and thoroughly bitchslap those bumpkins into next Tuesday.

Would depend on the illness, I guess, and how severe it was. It was enough to put him on the shelf (not the bench) for Charlton, and put him in doubt until today. Is he rushing back to rejoin the team while the mood is good?

I guess you'd also have to look at home form, at the risk of mellotron thinking I'm attacking Murray again, murray has still not scored at home, he's just recovering/-ed from illness - would he be the guy you start with if it is a straight choice between him and Forster (who has scored a fair few times at home).

Then there's the talk of continuity and "you don't change a winning team".

I'm not advocating starting forster ahead of Murray, just challenging the assumption Murray will come back and forster will be dropped.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is Easy who do you drop out of the Crofvarrodick midfield.

Three into two dont go.

And some fans on here think Navarro is the new Zidane. So its Crofts or Dicker if NSC decides.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As long as we win I couldn't give a monkeys what formation we play. If 4-5-1 suits the players we have then stick with it, equally if we're not creating enough then take out Dicker and go 4-4-2.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great news about Murray. Lua Lua was better against Charlton but I remain unconvinced he will be anything than a slightly better Albert Jarrett. Finishing and crossing was poor and defensively very lacklustre and naive.

Still, you have to love a guy who enjoys a old fashioned bit of dribbling.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thing is Easy who do you drop out of the Crofvarrodick midfield.

Three into two dont go.

And some fans on here think Navarro is the new Zidane. So its Crofts or Dicker if NSC decides.

Crofvarrodick has been working well on the road, but the likes of Exeter are likely to come to Withdean, sit deep, pack the midfield and try to hit us on the break or tough it out for a point. I think that means we need a Luaben flanking combo to stretch the play, with a Forsmur cutting edge up front as the targets.

If that means a Cronav central midfield with Dicker on the bench then so be it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Crofvarrodick has been working well on the road, but the likes of Exeter are likely to come to Withdean, sit deep, pack the midfield and try to hit us on the break or tough it out for a point. I think that means we need a Luaben flanking combo to stretch the play, with a Forsmur cutting edge up front as the targets.

Lets see if they all tear into you like they did me for merely suggesting 4-4-2 was the way to go Easy....somehow i doubt it :wink:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lets see if they all tear into you like they did me for merely suggesting 4-4-2 was the way to go Easy....somehow i doubt it :wink:

Except for the fact that 4-4-2 hasn't worked all season, hence the reason we are in near the bottom, it annoys me that people automatically see 4-5-1 as a negative tactic at home, its a negative formation if you play with a defensive mindset but if you play it with an attacking mindset its more adventurous than a 4-4-2.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great news about Murray. Lua Lua was better against Charlton but I remain unconvinced he will be anything than a slightly better Albert Jarrett. Finishing and crossing was poor and defensively very lacklustre and naive.

Still, you have to love a guy who enjoys a old fashioned bit of dribbling.
Did you only watch the second half or something?

He brings the best out of Navarro for a start, his pace causes problems, and he actually pass. At his peak, he'll be a Championship player at worst.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Except for the fact that 4-4-2 hasn't worked all season, hence the reason we are in near the bottom, it annoys me that people automatically see 4-5-1 as a negative tactic at home, its a negative formation if you play with a defensive mindset but if you play it with an attacking mindset its more adventurous than a 4-4-2.

Its all about opinions of course.
Whether we go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, I think the crucial thing is that we use the width at every opportunity. We've finally got some balance, with two excellent wingers supported by two very decent fullbacks, so whatever system we play, I think if we exploit these factors then we'll have more than enough to roll Exeter over.

Personally I'd favour having both Murray AND Forster feeding off the service from out wide, but if its one striker with support getting forward from midfield then that could be equally effective. For me though, its all about getting it WIDE.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
4-4-2 at home has not worked really and we need to win this so think continuity should win out and stick with 4-5-1 (4-3-3) and start Murray instead of Forster.[/QUOTE]

Is the correct answer.

PG

Like the secret codes to fool the oppo - but can you please translate for us mere mortals :lolol:

I'm 1 hun d.red % with you Easy. 2 UF with 2WM and LOG :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like the secret codes to fool the oppo - but can you please translate for us mere mortals :lolol:

I'm 1 hun d.red % with you Easy. 2 UF with 2WM and LOG :albion2::albion2::albion2:

2 Ugly Fuckers with 2 Whining Munters and Lots Of Gusset ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here