Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Commits

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I love it. You still manage to find a way to find a negative in all this.

Everyone else thinks Murray is an absolutely class player. Somehow you don't. We get it.

In this thread people complain there are no comments from people who have in the past been criticial of Murray (showing not everyone else loves murray). I post, and get this response.

If you don't want comments form people who have previously been negative (and this wasn't particularly negative - do you really want the murray who turned up on saturday? I don't, I want the one that showed up against Southampton), don't complain about the absence of them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In this thread people complain there are no comments from people who have in the past been criticial of Murray (showing not everyone else loves murray). I post, and get this response.

If you don't want comments form people who have previously been negative (and this wasn't particularly negative - do you really want the murray who turned up on saturday? I don't, I want the one that showed up against Southampton), don't complain about the absence of them.

No one is complaining that they're not showing up. Thank f*ck the morons have stopped posting bollocks, and have been shown up for the idiots they are.

My point is you still had to make a needlessly sly comment in what is clearly a positive thread.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Can someone post this story up?

The Argus site plays havoc with my 'puter. Ta.

here it is, although Murray never says he is staying. Just says he wont put in another transfer request.

When does his contract run out? Is it the end of this season?

Murray: I'm staying with Albion
9:30am Tuesday 24th November 2009

Comments (10) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Glenn Murray has pledged his future to Albion and revealed he will not be handing in another transfer request.

A return to fitness and form, combined with the appointment of Gus Poyet, have transformed Murray's mood and outlook and banished any doubts about him staying with the Seagulls.

Murray asked for a move in the summer, his second transfer request since signing from Rochdale for £300,000 in January 2008.

Poyet stressed how important the in-form striker is to his plans after he scored twice in the manager's opening victory at Southampton.

Murray, back from two double hernia operations and fresh from five goals in his last four appearances, said: "I'm a Brighton player and, like Gus says, I don't think I will be going anywhere.

"I don't think there is a transfer list at this time of the year. Once you put a transfer request in during a certain transfer window then I believe it is void if you go past that window."

Murray will not be handing in another transfer request in January and is concentrating instead on helping Albion climb the League One table, as they continue their busy start to Poyet's reign at fifth-placed Norwich tonight.

"It feels like he (Poyet) has been here a lot longer than he has," Murray said. "The one word to describe it is hectic.

"He is making changes in and around the place and, on top of that, with the amount of games we are playing it feels as if we are never away from the place at the moment.

"I think he would possibly have liked to have done more work with us on the training ground but, when you have got midweek games, it is difficult to put that work in on the training pitch, because the lads are tired from playing.

"With all the games all of the lads are quite sore and stiff but I feel fine."

Murray is hoping Albion can recapture against Norwich the form they showed in the 3-1 victory at Southampton following Saturday's 3-0 setback at home to leaders Leeds.

"I think we would be quite happy if we played like that every game," he said. "It's another big stadium and another big club. There is going to be a big crowd and all the lads will be up for it."

Meanwhile, Poyet has been linked with a January move for Hartlepool's left winger Andy Monkhouse, who played for Swindon when the Uruguayan was Dennis Wise's assistant.

Rotherham-based Monkhouse, 29, has been ever-present for the north-east minnows this season after signing a new contract in the summer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
here it is, although Murray never says he is staying. Just says he wont put in another transfer request.

But if he wanted to leave, he would surely put in another transfer request, no?

I reckon Poyet has had a good chat with him, and convinced him at least for the time being.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
But if he wanted to leave, he would surely put in another transfer request, no?

I reckon Poyet has had a good chat with him, and convinced him at least for the time being.

He probably would, I dont know. He may have settled down here with the new girlfriend and actually want to stay. If his contract runs out this summer, he can leave for nothing, so no need for a transfer request.

If it runs out next summer, then, there is a sign of commitment, even though he never actually said it. All he is really saying is that he wont ask to leave again in January.

I want him to stay, I ruddy love him!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm pretty sure his contract runs out NEXT summer. Could be wrong though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My point is you still had to make a needlessly sly comment in what is clearly a positive thread.

It wasn't a sly dig, it was a moment in levity.

I know you think I hate Murray, I don't, but I understand that to someone who loves him as much as you do, it must seem that way, relativity and all that.

I have never criticised him for putting in transfer requests to be with his family. I never whined about him not waving when the fans applauded him.

I have neither fallen madly in love with him and hold him as our best player, as you do, nor am I repulsed by the very idea he wears an albion shirt, as some fans seem to.

If he plays as well as he can and has, it's great news. If he plays as poorly as he can and has, it's not exactly exciting. Would you be happy with murray staying if every game for the rest of his contract he put in a performance like the one he did on saturday?

I saw this thread as "Murray isn't going to hand in another transfer request discuss" not as "murray isn't going to hand in another transfer request, please post only positive comments". I apologise, I trust the next time he has a bad game (not a dig, all our players will have another bad game or two before the end of the season) and people complain about him, I trust you will stay away and let people moan about him without injecting your positivity into the thread to give it a bit of balance?

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It wasn't a sly dig, it was a moment in levity.

I know you think I hate Murray, I don't, but I understand that to someone who loves him as much as you do, it must seem that way, relativity and all that.

I have never criticised him for putting in transfer requests to be with his family. I never whined about him not waving when the fans applauded him.

I have neither fallen madly in love with him and hold him as our best player, as you do, nor am I repulsed by the very idea he wears an albion shirt, as some fans seem to.

If he plays as well as he can and has, it's great news. If he plays as poorly as he can and has, it's not exactly exciting. Would you be happy with murray staying if every game for the rest of his contract he put in a performance like the one he did on saturday?

I saw this thread as "Murray isn't going to hand in another transfer request discuss" not as "murray isn't going to hand in another transfer request, please post only positive comments". I apologise, I trust the next time he has a bad game (not a dig, all our players will have another bad game or two before the end of the season) and people complain about him, I trust you will stay away and let people moan about him without injecting your positivity into the thread to give it a bit of balance?

:clap2: So many on NSC don't understand grey. It's got to be black or white. Not their falult they're thick though. Blame the teachers, parents and their ancestors I say. :p

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:clap2: So many on NSC don't understand grey. It's got to be black or white. Not their falult they're thick though. Blame the teachers, parents and their ancestors I say. :p

Not at all. I gave Murray a lower mark than Dickinson for a game not that long ago, which considering my general position on both players show that I'm totally willing to be flexible on my viewpoint.

Thanks for calling me thick, though.

Acker79 has constantly made sly digs at Murray over the last few months. He has been proved wrong. Perhaps this time it wasn't a sly dig, it still seemed a needlessly..."flammable" comment, if you will.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Great! That means we can all not GET ALONG FAMOUSLY and let bygones be bygones.

He is the best striker at the club*

* Tho I do love Forster.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Acker79 has constantly made sly digs at Murray over the last few months. He has been proved wrong. Perhaps this time it wasn't a sly dig, it still seemed a needlessly..."flammable" comment, if you will.

No, I haven't. The only thing I can think of that you would consider a sly dig would be the factual stats I provide. Another case I feel of your love of murray colouring how you see my posts.

I used a very common Goals/appearance stat (you'll be pleased to know, I have since added another figure to the stats I'm keeping, which is minutes on the field, which is very favourable to Murray, which will go up after either the norwich game or the charlton one). Not as a dig, but as a common footballing statistic practice.

I like to know what other sly digs I've made (for the record my review of his performance in saturday's player ratings thread is not a sly dig, it was an honest appraisal of his performance).

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Glenn Murray in "hinting he's staying but not actually saying he wants to" shocker.

Still, sounds like we might keep him before he buggers off in the summer, which is good.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Glenn Murray in "hinting he's staying but not actually saying he wants to" shocker.

Still, sounds like we might keep him before he buggers off in the summer, which is good.

you really are a happy jolly soul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here