Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray and Forster

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Have to admit I'd never thought of that as a possible partnership, but I would agree with you. Got to be worth a look in pre-season surely?

Looks very good on paper Knockdowns from Murray for Robinson and pacey crosses from Robinson for Murray

I think it would work very well

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Robinson and Murray would make a good strike force if needed. What with Murray's ability to get flick ons and hold up the ball, coupled with Jakey's pace and off the ball runs. I think they would be good together.

Like WW said, Forster isn't going to last forever, and he's not getting any younger. Let's just hope this end of season injury is just a little niggle rather than a sign of things to come.
My problem with Robinson is that he doesn't create enough opportunities for himself or his strike partner. When he runs at a centre half you never get the feeling he's about to play a killer pass or create a shooting chance for himself.

On the other hand, I think he could make an excellent winger with a bit of coaching.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I cant see how Robinson can replace Forster.

A lot of Forsters goals have come because of his very high work rate and running. Forster has scored goals after chasing down lost causes after hopeful punts up field and pressuring the defenders into making mistakes.

Forster also has the knack of being in a "predators" position within 8 yards of the goal (something only Gatting has)

If Robinson wants to play upfront for the Albion he has to up his work rate and chase down and close defenders. At the momenbt he seems to be a bit of a luxury player that does well coming off the bench when the oppostion are tired. Until he changes I dont see him being Forsters replacement.

Maybe loaning him out is the idea. He seems to play well against teams in divisions below us as he knows he is better than them, and it seems to bring a new gear out of him - just look at last years FA Cup, League Cup and Johnstones Paint games

Lordy

Mar 26, 2008
Robinson has to be worth a try in the middle. That shot away against Orient was one of the strikes of the season. But unfortunately he has been disappointing when given a start (as were Savage and Elder). He needs to mature. At the Aldershot reserves game he put so many shots out of the ground I heard Gatting ask him if he had a friend in the house behind the goal!

And I would suggest we all put our hands together for Coxy, At that level his goal against H'pool was not difficult but we have all seen those skyed, or snatched or too close to the keeper. In the context of the game that move and finish was first class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here