Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray and Forster

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
These two have now become our best strike partnership since Zamora and Steele in 2001/02! Of course the overall totals don't match BZ's 28 and Steele's 9(Altho I could see Murray getting up to that in last two games), but since then we have been so bereft of two GOOD and GOALSCORING strikers. (I know it is marginal to include Steele but 9 isn't a bad total..)

Since then we have had BZ:14, Brooker: 6 in 2002/03. This was followed in 2003/04 by Knight's 25 and then the brief spell of Trevor Benjamin chipping in on 5(Before anyone cites McPhee, only 4 of his were in the league!)

Then came the beginning of the goalless years, 2004/05 saw Virgo top it with 8 league goals, the nearest challengers being Knight and Hammond drawing on a measley 4. 2005/06 was equally depressing with CKR getting 6 and Knight 1 behind on 5 despite the fact he only played half the season. We all remember last year saw Hammond as top scorer on 8 and Revell one behind on 7.

In short it seems like for the first time in several years we have two strikers who clearly have goals in them. After god knows how many blanks, isn't it damned refreshing? As we all know it isn't a very strong division. If both Murray and Forster keep up this seasons form then they should both be hitting around 15 a piece(if you consider Murray's 7 since start of Feb) and that is key to getting us out of this league!

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The only thing that scares me is Forster's age - he's struggled to the end of this season, will he be the same player next season?

Think Murray has proved a great signing, and if they can both stay fit then we're in with a bloody good shout of challenging for something next season. In fact, i'd go as far as saying i'd expect us to.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The only thing that scares me is Forster's age - he's struggled to the end of this season, will he be the same player next season?

Think Murray has proved a great signing, and if they can both stay fit then we're in with a bloody good shout of challenging for something next season. In fact, i'd go as far as saying i'd expect us to.

That's us jinxed then isn't it?heh.

Yes that's what I fear with Forster a bit, but hopefully he can do a Sheringham and use his class and positioning to set up Murray etc.

He probably just needs a nice break!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
That's us jinxed then isn't it?heh.

Yes that's what I fear with Forster a bit, but hopefully he can do a Sheringham and use his class and positioning to set up Murray etc.

He probably just needs a nice break!

I think the rest will do the whole team good! Hopefully we will be able to sign 3 or 4 quality players during the summer and roll on next season :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is unsurprising we did so poorly last season.

Try and make a deadly strike force out of these guys...

('Strikers' to appear last season)

D Bowditch
N Elder
J Gatting
G Hart
C Kazim-Richards - Sold after one game
M Molango
A Revell
J Robinson
G Santos
B Savage
S Williams

I am really excited about seeing Forster and Murray together next season. Pre-season can only help their partnership.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
It is unsurprising we did so poorly last season.

Try and make a deadly strike force out of these guys...

('Strikers' to appear last season)

D Bowditch
N Elder
J Gatting
G Hart
C Kazim-Richards - Sold after one game
M Molango
A Revell
J Robinson
G Santos
B Savage
S Williams

I am really excited about seeing Forster and Murray together next season. Pre-season can only help their partnership.

Talk about looking for a needle in a haystack back then!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully the break will give Forster the rest he needs to come back firing on all cylinders and the added bonus of Murray, who will presumably have moved down here to live during the summer, we should see plenty of goals next season.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I think Robinson and Murray would make a good strike force if needed. What with Murray's ability to get flick ons and hold up the ball, coupled with Jakey's pace and off the ball runs. I think they would be good together.

Like WW said, Forster isn't going to last forever, and he's not getting any younger. Let's just hope this end of season injury is just a little niggle rather than a sign of things to come.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not to be contraversial but I believe that if Jake wishes to progress he needs to move to another club. He has been here since he was a young boy and still appears, although he is 21 ish to be the little boy.

I believe that he needs to think long and hard about his career. Perhaps he needs to move to a Div 2 side like Brentford or Gillingham if they go down.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
How long will he be a player for the future with potential? That is not helping us or him.

I believe he is good enough to play at present, if Wilkins liked him and knew where to play him it might help.

He is a talented lad, with his best football years ahead of him, and imo the club should strive to keep him under contract.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
if Wilkins liked him and knew where to play him it might help.

He is a talented lad, with his best football years ahead of him, .

That is why I believe that it would be in his best interests to start looking elsewhere.

I do not think that he will get the opportunity, for whatever reason , here in the imediate future on a regular basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here