Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murdoch to sell ALL the papers?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
If the Lib Dems play this right, I could see them coming out of it quite well. The more they distance themselves from News Corp, which of course the Conservatives cannot, the better they will come across in public view in my opinion.

Whether that will go any way towards making up for their abismal performance in government in last year or not is another matter.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is it me or is this beginning to look more and more like the James Bond film with Jonathan Pryce as a media baron ?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
From BBC:

"A well-placed source has told the BBC that in 2006, when she was editor of the Sun, Rebekah Brooks called the Browns to inform them she knew their son Fraser was suffering from cystic fibrosis. The Browns believe only medical staff treating Fraser had access to that information and friends of the family say Ms Brooks' call caused them immense distress since they were only just coming to terms with the diagnosis."

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Extraordinary stuff today. Hacking a serving Prime Minister? Stealing and publishing his highly personal information?!

The Murdoch empire is starting to burn. I'm breaking out the marshmellows!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
[fx: Pulls up a chair]

This story looks like becoming far more interesting than any of the rubbish they used to print in the NOTW ! Wanna share those marshmallows, Leon ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
[fx: Pulls up a chair]

This story looks like becoming far more interesting than any of the rubbish they used to print in the NOTW ! Wanna share those marshmallows, Leon ?

This is getting serious, it looks like all of his titles have been up to no good, what is the life expectancy of the Times, Sunday Times and the Sun?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
This is getting serious, it looks like all of his titles have been up to no good, what is the life expectancy of the Times, Sunday Times and the Sun?

[fx: Rubs hands with glee, bounces up and down on said chair]

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Renault have just pulled their ads from ALL Murdoch titles.

That will probably start the exodus...if I were Murdoch I would stop trying to take over Sky and find buyers for everything I owned in the UK, before it is all totally worthless!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Jees. It's no exaggeration to say that if there is any substance whatsoever to that story, he will be FINISHED. The Americans are still incredibly raw regarding 9/11, and the upcoming 10th anniversary will only heighten that. If there is a link between his scummy media operations and victims phones being hacked, then he will lose American backers and sponsors faster than Blatter can make a nasty whistleblower go away.

bloody hell, definitely.

I kind of thought they'd survive all of this but if this turns out to be true, he could be f***ed.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The Murdock Influence on British Politics seems to be on the wane @ LAST.

Perhaps the next election might be a clean fight for once.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
it is very funny going onto the Murdoch press websites and seeing trying to desperately avoid the biggest story in the uk. For instance thesun.co.uk leads with a story about Take That, Harper Beckham, Will and Kate flying back on a budget plane and Hitlers attempts to curb the primal instincts of his soldiers with rubber sex dolls!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it is very funny going onto the Murdoch press websites and seeing trying to desperately avoid the biggest story in the uk. For instance thesun.co.uk leads with a story about Take That, Harper Beckham, Will and Kate flying back on a budget plane and Hitlers attempts to curb the primal instincts of his soldiers with rubber sex dolls!

to be fair, that sounds fairly normal for the Sun. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here