Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muppets on SCR

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Harty - the phone-in could be excellent, and sometimes is, but you really do have a problem with getting time-wasters off the line. And that's down to YOU. It's not a case of somebody else having a go if they can do better, you do pretty good, it's just you're missing a bog-standard interviewing technique - getting muppets off the line in order to stop the majority of your listeners switching off. There's probably a half-day course the Beeb do on it or something. That bloke banging on about the stitching of his daughter's shorts is a case in point. Leaving aside the obvious question of why he didn't demand a refund or replacement pair from the shop, you did everything right by the guy. Told him who to contact, where and when, and the poor sap wasn't even listening to your answers. At that point a polite 'f*** You, Loser, If You Wont Listen When Im Trying To Help You' would have sufficed. Then we could have got back to talking about the football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The biggest problem with the phone in is something Harty can't do much about. It's on SCR. The average listener is probably very interested in the quality of stitching.

The only decent programmes on it are the live Albion matches and the phone in. Unless I've missed something else worth listening to?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Re: Re: Muppets on SCR

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
You are the muppet, You are the Twat!! The person wanted a proper shorts thats all and not what man u fans get either.

By the way change that f***ing picture under your name for f*** sake it looks so camp it's un real, you MUPPET!!

Oh so you're the idiot that is so concerned about a pair of bloody shorts on a Football phone in, that is supposed to be about the team and the game, transfers etc! The club fixed the shorts didn't they? for all the club know the kiddie ripped them herself and they fixed them for free!!! What sort of shorts do Man Utd fans get then?
If you are "extremely concerned" over a pair of shorts, then you must be shitting yourself over the price of the hotdogs at Withdean.

BTW, if you can't work out why I am Capt Sensible, then what sort of a cock are you? At least I can work out how to get a picture on here, you wanker.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Tom Hark said:
Harty - the phone-in could be excellent, and sometimes is, but you really do have a problem with getting time-wasters off the line. And that's down to YOU. It's not a case of somebody else having a go if they can do better, you do pretty good, it's just you're missing a bog-standard interviewing technique - getting muppets off the line in order to stop the majority of your listeners switching off. There's probably a half-day course the Beeb do on it or something. That bloke banging on about the stitching of his daughter's shorts is a case in point. Leaving aside the obvious question of why he didn't demand a refund or replacement pair from the shop, you did everything right by the guy. Told him who to contact, where and when, and the poor sap wasn't even listening to your answers. At that point a polite 'f*** You, Loser, If You Wont Listen When Im Trying To Help You' would have sufficed. Then we could have got back to talking about the football.

Couldn't agree more, The phone in could be great. He should get people from the Away following at the end of matches to say something or go into the crowd at withdean at half time and get people to speak to him after the game. Instead of getting wallys from horsham or wherever calling about absolutely nothing.

FAO Harty, I tried to call SCR about three seperate times and couldn't get through! I tried for about an hour after the Prosser fiasco. Thought if any SCR phone in would be good it should have been that one. So much to talk about. Instead you had some numpty talking about re locating to Waterhall, zzzzzz!!!! Not even a subject. The callers should be asked by the producer what point they want to make and then dropped if the calls are about quality of stitching.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe the first half of the phone-in could be reserved exclusively for talk about the match that SCR have just invested in broadcasting live, then after that turn the airwaves over to the freaks and time-wasters - and at that point the rest of us can switch off and do something more interesting instead :wave:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I cannot believe how flippant people are on here concerning the SCR caller complaining about the poor quality stitching on his daughters shorts.I believe that the standard of knitting and darning has most definetly declined in the last 20 years.Why only yesterday I saw a shirt pulled off of a players back with what I can only describe as a friendly tug.In my day the kits were a much more substantial garment with a double diagonal stitch in all the right places.

Is it a coincidence that since our standard of tailoring has dropped so has the quality of our nation team.Remember we were champions when we wore a shirt with real stitching.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
:lolol: some callers make valid points and every one has right to a point of view but some people are just embarrasing!! surely they should say a brief reason why they re calling if that guy had he wouldn,t have got on air.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
H block said:
I cannot believe how flippant people are on here concerning the SCR caller complaining about the poor quality stitching on his daughters shorts.I believe that the standard of knitting and darning has most definetly declined in the last 20 years.Why only yesterday I saw a shirt pulled off of a players back with what I can only describe as a friendly tug.In my day the kits were a much more substantial garment with a double diagonal stitch in all the right places.

Is it a coincidence that since our standard of tailoring has dropped so has the quality of our nation team.RemembLucky_Boy_Farang
er we were champions when we wore a shirt with real stitching.

Yeah your right ! think we should all talk about clothing on a football phone in! Talk about stitching on a Radio phone in? Absolutely!
It was so funny, classic. Along with that bloke last year that tried to read out a poem for no reason and it had nothing to do with the Albion. Then the bloke dropped the phone and said "bollocks" and cut himself off.

Lucky_Boy_Farang,.... come and repy to all of us. All of us that think you are a funny f*cker and a right laugh. Will go down in SCR idiot history.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here