Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mumbia ....many UK & US companies have call centres and IT instillations there...

D

Deleted User X18H

....what now??

Perhaps another negative effect on the Western Financial downturn.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is Paul Valley, news at 10 and potential world commentator and wanna be commercial director.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
....what now??

Perhaps another negative effect on the Western Financial downturn.

Have a thought for the people in Mumbai, rather than how it will affect our lifestyles.

I was in a part of India 3 weeks agi that suffered some terrible terrorists attacks, some right next to our hotel with dozens killed and hundreds injured (which got next to no mention on the media here).

I was in Mumbai last week at some of these hotels and really think the Indian authorities have a major problem. Isllamic terrorism is clearly targeting India and it is going to be incredibly difficult to prevent these types of attack in the future and I fear they will become much worse.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
What's that got to do with what's going on in Mumbia?

Oh, Mumbia, that's in Indai isn't it? Where the "instillations" are?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Prices of a Chicken Jalfrezi in Brick Lane forecast to reach 25 (Pounds) by end of year, says expert!

Stumpy Tim

I go to Mumbai regularly and have friends and colleagues there. I've eaten at the Taj many times. It's really sad what's happening over there and there's no way to stop it. With a country of that size and yet so poor it's relatively easy for terrorists to come in and hide away. I'm not going back until February thankfully and I don't think I'll be staying long.

Apparently the gunmen were going in looking for British & US Passports... think I'll start using my Australian one

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
With my sympathetic hat on, it's terrible whats happening and you can only feel for people with friends and families over there.

With my devils advocat hat on, perhaps now big businesses such at BT, Lloyds, Prudential will think twice about opening offices and using cheap labour in India and in particular Mumbai all at the cost of British jobs. It's all about greed and getting away with paying people peanuts to do a job!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Me and Mrs ELS had spent an hour or so in the Taj Palace Hotel in Mumbai - was a lovely (and expensive!) place to hang out. Terrible what's going on there, now :nono:

Middlesex CCC players were surposed to be staying there from today, must be the first sports team to have the shits before the got to India

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here