Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
bha2.jpg

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I love Mullers for what he did for Brighton and for me, in my mid teens, his arrival and winning ways was just at the right time. He was a character , with faults - but what a character. I would love to see him back at the Amex for first game - perhaps, if it was against Palace, he could stroll across to their supporters and give them that wonderful gesture again for old time sakes - it would bring the house down. :laugh:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He gave me some of my greatest, exciting and most cherished memories of watching the Albion. It's a case of you really had to be there at the time to appreciate just what Alan Mullery achieved with us. An achievment that would have been even greater if SCC & Spurs hadn't stitched us up on the last day of the season and prevented us winning promotion for two successive seasons. I agree that he shouldn't have come back but I for one will always remember him as one of the greatest managers of Brighton & Hove Albion, and soon to be followed by Gus Poyet!

:ascarf:

this in bucket loads
two of my buddies at the time have now departed this world and they would have loved the Gus bus

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
He will always be a legend for those of us lucky enough to witness the era that was the late 70's. I couldn't tell you what the crowd attendance of the 78-79 season was but it always seem to be packed at the Goldstone we even had 23,748 turn up to see us play non league Scarborough. Lets hope this new era will be as exciting as that was and once again the top clubs in the country are heading south on a Saturday.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Alan Mullery + Peter Ward = Albion supporter for life.

Without these two men I may never have got into football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here