Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mull of Kintyre

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thought this sounded quite impressive on Saturday when all Forest fans joined in. :moo:
Could we do the same with GOSBTS, is there a recorded version with the proper words ???
:mad::vuvu:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mull of Kintyre, by Wings, ahhhhhhh, the band the Beatles COULD have been.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Why oh why would you adopt a 70's bagpipe dirge for your club anthem? Whilst I know they adapted the lyrics (Oh City Ground etc) It makes me laugh that 'Mist rolling in from the sea' is sang like they live just off the coast. They are about as safe from sea level rises as you can get.

Your Scotch and you know you are Forest. Find a song about Robin Hood Instead.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite like the Charlton version of this, to be honest.

Valley Floyd Road, the mist rolling in from the Thames etc etc

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Isn't it mist rolling in from the Trent?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Honestly I thought it was awful, firstly why were they singing it?? it like us singing fog on the tyne, and secondly always hated it

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I couldn't hear anything on Saturday. I think the PA made [MENTION=158]Gerbil[/MENTION] deaf, it was tooo loud..

Anyway, I just laughed when they started singing it as if it was YNWA with all the scarves and everything :lolol:

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
they sing it as apparently it sounds like mist rolling over the trent and it was No1 when they were european champions .. so me mate dave reckons !

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Oh City Ground, mist rolling in from the Trent.........It did sound f***ing loud though we he turned the pa down.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to Wikipedia

The song was adopted soon after release by fans of several popular football clubs in the United Kingdom and is still played before and sung during games, most notably since the 1970s by fans of Nottingham Forest F.C.; the song's lyrics were adapted for the now firmly established crowd favourite 'City Ground'. The adapted lyrics read:

"City Ground, Oh mist rolling in from the Trent, my desire, is always to be here, oh City Ground"

It was number one around Christmas 1977, during the season Forest became League Champions.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I remember going to see Forest at the time of Mull of Kintyre when they started singing their own words to it. To be fair, Forest have always been quite creative in their songs.

However I was very disappointed that they no longer play "Robin Hood" - that was a great tradition. We must never lose GOSBS.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Thought this sounded quite impressive on Saturday when all Forest fans joined in. :moo:
Could we do the same with GOSBTS, is there a recorded version with the proper words ???
:mad::vuvu:

People would still sing it too quick :thumbsup: :moo: bloody nsk :moo:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Maybe we could get a drum :facepalm:

Have you finished your dissertation yet ???

YES :moo: handed it in today :thumbsup:

Can now focus on the more important matter of Sri Lanka England tomorrow morning!

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing

Why do people keep saying that?? I was too young when Wings came out but they were a totally different sounding band to the Beatles & the connection was only Paul McCartney wasn't it?.......
Its like saying "gorillaz..... the group Blur could have been"

Either way, it did sound impressive on Saturday!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

McCartney was responsible for quite a few Beatles' dirges

Hey Jude
The Long and Winding Road
Let it Be

The Beatles at their WORST IMO :shrug:

I know Yesterday is one of the most covered songs ever but I think it is the song I hate the most in the world, very closely followed by Mull of Kintyre.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why do people keep saying that?? I was too young when Wings came out but they were a totally different sounding band to the Beatles & the connection was only Paul McCartney wasn't it?.......
Its like saying "gorillaz..... the group Blur could have been"

Either way, it did sound impressive on Saturday!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here