Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mrs. Brown's Boys - Guilty Pleasure?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Despite the fact it's clearly not high brow comedy, though it's not trying to be, I found myself laughing like a drain in places watching this last night.

Certainly a lot funnier than some of the programmes masquerading under the 'comedy' banner over Christmas. Is it bad I quite enjoyed it?

One of the reasons that it works is because it is played in front of a live audience similar to the great sitcoms from the 70`s, it`s definately the funniest commedy around at the moment by a country mile.Have not watched last nights yet in fact have not had the tellybox on since before chrisymas eve.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
I saw at a glance last night they had something on ITV about The Unforgettable Ernie Wise. A whole hour or more on the boring and slightly depressing life of a "comedy" duo straight-man and all of his particularly unhilarious moments. The Unforgettable Sid Little, etc, should then follow. Actually, i'd much prefer A Foul and Perfunctory Glance at Les Dennis and How He Attached Himself to a Modest Talent For As Long As It Breathed. Or a hidden camera show with the Krankies.

i found morecambe and wise spectacularly unfunny as well, but then again i find that your posts offer little in the way of amusement, perhaps you are an acquired taste.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Surprised really, given the absolute toilet that passes for sit-coms in the UK I think MBB's was great, doesn't take itself at all seriously and several genuinely laugh out loud moments.

"Don't forget Henry the brown nosed reindeer, he could keep up with Rudolph he just wasn't so good at stopping" - sorry, I may come from Devon but that's genius!.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I love it too. I have cracked up a few times watching this. But like everything else, the thing that floats some peoples boat, will sink others.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Surprised really, given the absolute toilet that passes for sit-coms in the UK I think MBB's was great, doesn't take itself at all seriously and several genuinely laugh out loud moments.

"Don't forget Henry the brown nosed reindeer, he could keep up with Rudolph he just wasn't so good at stopping" - sorry, I may come from Devon but that's genius!.

I guess if i hadn't heard that joke in primary school i might find it hilarious too.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
One of the best comedies ive seen in a long time first series is brilliant

I loved the first series and laughed like a drain. But I had to watch it after everyone else in the house had gone to bed as the rest of the family HATED it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
O'Carroll originally wrote the series as some semi-serious novels and a Hollywood (OK, it was US funded, but not quite Hollywood...) movie was made of them: IMDb - Agnes Browne (1999)

Was fairly surprised when this comedy series one was dragged out of it.

As an aside, I seem to remember that his mother was a govt. minister in the 60s!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Utter shit, but as mentionned above, not nearly AS shit as that David Jason travesty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here