Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr D Chapman

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Des comes from the Moulsecoomb area and went to Stanmer (now Falmer) school. Don't think he was brains of Britain there but he worked on the building in Saudi and made his money and therefore is a self made man.

I haven't seen him since those years and his trips back to brighton and I well remember him driving me up to Millwall & Forest. normal bloke back then and I gather he's retained that.

So Adenstar might be too small to be the main contractor but they have built some fine buildings in the City and I do hope they get a look in.

They are a local firm weith a good reputation and you know that, with Des, it'll be a labour of love. so what's corrupt about that? Should the work go to a Croydon based firm just to be 'fair'?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Chapman owns a 13% stake in the club and is mega loaded. I could see him taking the hotseat once in Falmer. He'd have the money. Allthough I imagine the blooms might have something to say..!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has it not been said on here before that he has said he has no wish to become Chairman. Pity really because he has helped keep the club afloat for ages and is obviously very succesful. Just what we will want when we start to try to meet the payments for Falmer unless there is another Abramovich on the horizon.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Has it not been said on here before that he has said he has no wish to become Chairman. Pity really because he has helped keep the club afloat for ages and is obviously very succesful. Just what we will want when we start to try to meet the payments for Falmer unless there is another Abramovich on the horizon.

I wonder why he doesn't want to become the chairman. Might it have something to do with the present chairman being referred to by some of the BHA's great and cretinous (surely I mean good) as tight, a liar, potless, thief, useless etc . Why the hell would he want that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wonder why he doesn't want to become the chairman. Might it have something to do with the present chairman being referred to by some of the BHA's great and cretinous (surely I mean good) as tight, a liar, potless, thief, useless etc . Why the hell would he want that.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

In fact, I did ask him once about it, and his reply was typically Chapmanesque.

'Nah, f*** off do I', he said.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
For gods sake. Why does EVRYBODY involved with BHAFC have to be subjected to this kind of nonsense...what is the matter with some people on here?

You invest in us if you're so f*&!?@g cynical about everybody else who does.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I personally dont think he would make a good chairman. He comes across as having a rather simplistic view of the world which I dont feel is best suited for the chairmanship of a football club. Being a success in the building world is one thing.....the stewardship of a football club is another.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some of his public statements leave a little bit to be desired as well. He isnt the most articulate or sophisticated person in the world.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For gods sake. Why does EVRYBODY involved with BHAFC have to be subjected to this kind of nonsense...what is the matter with some people on here?

You invest in us if you're so f*&!?@g cynical about everybody else who does.

Agreed!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True, but his 'Norman Baker is a wanker, and you can quote me on that...' does make him, for me, a man with his finger on the pulse.

Whilst this is a rather amusing quote it isnt exactly what you want a chairman to say.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He is also a former Bosun boy, West Street and is alleged to have invented the Seagulls chant their in response to Palace's Eagles.
Just to add to his lifefan credentials.
PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here