Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Geez gareth!!

Jones...No
Piercy..No
Carpenter..maybe
Henderson..soon to be off

I always used to guage how good a team was after 7 games...the jury is still out on us as of now

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gaffer - Jones , Piercy and Carpenter are certs. Piercy will do a good job if given a chance. Henderson is in because we have noone else !.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ive no doubts Piercy will do a good job for us given a go, Jones at right back has to be questionable though. I guess Watson used to be a left back!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mayo and Jones together on the left work so well together.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
jeremy I can assure you there is not a lot about football that I don't know. I used to be a quite magnificent football player in my youth and played 235 games in the Brighton league scoring a very respectable 35 goals. The similarities with me and Gary Hart's stats are uncanny.

I also manage a football team and have watched and followed the Albion for 30 years.

I am quite happy to help and advise Mr Coppell on a freelance basis, all he has to do is ask.

Regards.

Gareth

Gareth Glover said:
jeremy I can assure you there is not a lot about football that I don't know. I used to be a quite magnificent football player in my youth and played 235 games in the Brighton league scoring a very respectable 35 goals. The similarities with me and Gary Hart's stats are uncanny.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I think Coppell needs another striker on loan - one who is a natural goalscorer. Although Henderson is tall, he hasn't impressed me so far. I hope I'm proved wrong about him as he SHOULD make a good partner for Leon Knight

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Where's the creativity in the midfield ? We need to replace Brooker or get someone who can put their foot on the ball and pass, create something. At the moment we've got no-one who can do that. Also not convinced yet about Henderson, unlikely we'll have him for the season anyway. For me, finding a creative player in the middle of the park is the key to a successful season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brightonbird I was being serious !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sneaky George said:
Where's the creativity in the midfield ? We need to replace Brooker or get someone who can put their foot on the ball and pass, create something. At the moment we've got no-one who can do that. Also not convinced yet about Henderson, unlikely we'll have him for the season anyway. For me, finding a creative player in the middle of the park is the key to a successful season.

Seeing as how Brooker isn't even making the bench can we ask Micky for him back on loan ;)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Mr Coppell?

I love the way when people are about to slag someone off they use the most formal version of their name.

"The Right Honourable Gentleman is talking complete bollocks"

or "Pay Your Share of Tax, Ma'am" on the front page of the Sun.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Which was precisely why I used the winking smiley jbh

rool

Jul 10, 2003
With a fully fit squad I think the defence and central midfield is ok for this division actually but I am concerned about the attacking midfielders/wingers and attack. Although Wilkinson and Marney were definately out of their depth in div 1 last season I would have thought, given our lack of attacking depth now, that they would be in the squad and given a decent chance this season in a division where they might feel more comfortable. We aren't exactly over flowing with attacking options now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here