Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr.Angry In The Crowd

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It’s Bournemouth! I have been to Dean Court so many times (double figures?) and never seen us win. God knows why I went last night. Every sodding time we play them they turn up, however bad they’ve been, and we just huff and puff and get nowhere. It’s almost as if our fans anticipate this and clam up. Yesterday summed all that up. :shrug:

Yes, similar, first went there in the early 90s, and the I think I vaguely remember getting a point there once. 1 point in 30 years!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How many threads do we need to have on NSC, that call out the Albion fanbase, before the penny finally drops:-

ALBION FANS ARE POOR.

We always have been, we always will be.

What's the difference between 'f**k off Webster' and "f**k off Connor"? (one for the kids)

"Look interested Wilkins"

I remember a vocal minority that gave Teddy Maybank terrible abuse when he played for us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interestingly, the only time I've been unable to bite my tongue, due to unacceptable levels of crap from someone in our stand, was also at Bournemouth. (We lost 2-1 I think, in a Championship game). Chap in the row in front, with ridiculous levels of anger. Every Brighton player was a specific type of C***. Someone was a lazy ****. Someone else a lanky ****. When he called Calderon a Spanish **** I'd have enough, and told him to 'pack it in mate'. Que more anger and more expletives.

We moved at half time. I had my lad with me (about 13 at the time) and wasn't interested in confrontation.

Maybe it was the same utter prick, and he only goes to Bournemouth games!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Interestingly, the only time I've been unable to bite my tongue, due to unacceptable levels of crap from someone in our stand, was also at Bournemouth. (We lost 2-1 I think, in a Championship game). Chap in the row in front, with ridiculous levels of anger. Every Brighton player was a specific type of C***. Someone was a lazy ****. Someone else a lanky ****. When he called Calderon a Spanish **** I'd have enough, and told him to 'pack it in mate'. Que more anger and more expletives.

We moved at half time. I had my lad with me (about 13 at the time) and wasn't interested in confrontation.

Maybe it was the same utter prick, and he only goes to Bournemouth games!

The Mr Angry that the OP is referring to is a long-standing Albion fan, who I've seen at many games, home and away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many threads do we need to have on NSC, that call out the Albion fanbase, before the penny finally drops:-

ALBION FANS ARE POOR.

What's the difference between 'f**k off Webster' and "f**k off Connor"? (one for the kids)

Not having that.

I've seen enough to know that some football fans are poor, and you can find them at all clubs.

Most Albion fans are not poor but a small, and vocal, minority undoubtedly are.

[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I's example of this last night was from the Goldstone North Stand c1996...

Fan 1: "****ing hell - look interested Wilkins!"
Fan 2: "Wilkins was subbed off 10 minutes ago."

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I quite like the angry supporters who take it as a personal affront if we play cack. They appear to think that specific players have made it their mission in life to ruin said supporters existence.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

ALBION FANS ARE POOR.

I think the problem with the current 'discontent' is there are a large % of our fanbase that either don't understand or really don't support the changes in our playing style that Potter has introduced.

The pass it out from the back IS trilling (in the widest possible meaning in the word) and does raise the heart rate at times, but it's done for a reason. However, there has been a slow creep towards people getting incandescent with rage as SOON as we try it, even without any cockups. That doesn't help the players settle, and GP has mentioned it already.

My concern is that the Potterball experiment could be ended by the negative reaction to aspects of the playing style, and of course direct abuse of specific players in that system.

The only time I've seen footage of GP angry was at Östersund where the fans had been criticising the players - he was livid. I hope this doesn't happen here.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

ALBION FANS ARE POOR.

Not true.

We have the best fans, the best stadium, the best manager, the best players.
There is just something wrong with the league table :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
At half time on the concourse there was a bloke ranting, who reckoned 'the best thing to happen would be to lose 6-0 and then Potter gets sacked'. Only he used a lot more expletives.

Our support in general was poor last night, as much as it pains me to say it. Even when we were on top during the early stages hardly any of us seemed to muster any sort of atmosphere

That must have been Spence!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not having that.

I've seen enough to know that some football fans are poor, and you can find them at all clubs.

[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I's example of this last night was from the Goldstone North Stand c1996...

We moan.
We groan.
We tut.
We sigh.

We don't mean anything by it, we do it for ourselves or those we are with.
But we do do it, in unison, so it's clearly audible.

Couple that with the fact as a collective we are reactive and not proactive.
The end result means 30,000 people (7,000 or 1,500 or anywhere from 6,000 to 35,000) are predominantly sat (stood) in silence.

Sure the loud "f**k off's" are few and far between, but so are the spin chilling, hair standing up, bouncing stadium uniting to support the Albion.

Pass Ag and Hove Albion.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Had a very angry man to my right last night. 3rd row I think, and was to the far right of the away section. He would do nothing for long periods then burst into an extended rant. Fully strained face shouting as loud as he could whilst throwing a paddy (jumping up and down and throwing his arms).

Can see why though. Massive game. Must not lose. We saw as fans the Brighton side make the same mistakes again.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
"Look interested Wilkins"

I remember a vocal minority that gave Teddy Maybank terrible abuse when he played for us.

This all so true, I wonder why it is. Is it because we are soft southerners, used to getting what we want without having to graft for it? Living in an area of affluence where going to a football match is for entertainment and not for the tribal coming together of the Northern and Midlands teams from the former industrial heartlands.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Whilst we're here, apologies to the chap in I191 I tried to evict from his seat due to my inability to read row letters.

But also, thanks to the same chap for having a read of NSC at half-time. Try Tapatalk though - it's a lot easier.

We’re talking about the same fella.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Not having that.

Although I try not to generalise, I will say this: Not all Albion fans are poor, but as a fanbase, proportionately, we are getting worse and worse. The level of entitlement is staggering and the level of rage and criticism aimed at players isn't something I've seen as regularly in my time as an Albion fan (with the exception of the late Hyypia era).

There's also a massive uplift in general stupidity and expressions of literally batsh*t opinions. A prime example: A couple of weeks ago the chap next to me spend the entire first half demanding we "stop fannying about and get it in the box" and "go long" with Maupay up front, then in the second half Maupay dropped deeper and Murray came on and we started to go longer and aim for Murray, which then prompted "FFS lads! Keep it on the f***ing ground! Play your game!".

It took every fibre of my being to keep quiet. What's the point? People are now utterly incapable of comprehending other points of view in any walk of life, especially football.

We have some great fans in our fan base, but my personal view is that it's not something that's getting better...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the problem with the current 'discontent' is there are a large % of our fanbase that either don't understand or really don't support the changes in our playing style that Potter has introduced.

The pass it out from the back IS trilling (in the widest possible meaning in the word) and does raise the heart rate at times, but it's done for a reason. However, there has been a slow creep towards people getting incandescent with rage as SOON as we try it, even without any cockups. That doesn't help the players settle, and GP has mentioned it already.

My concern is that the Potterball experiment could be ended by the negative reaction to aspects of the playing style, and of course direct abuse of specific players in that system.

The only time I've seen footage of GP angry was at Östersund where the fans had been criticising the players - he was livid. I hope this doesn't happen here.
My point is:-

If it wasn't passing around the back, it would be something or someone else.

Every season we reach a point where I'm amazed Mr Bloom isn't pulling out the boot of his car a fudging great big chain and padlock.
Locks the AMEX.
Swallows the key
Climbs onto the roof of his car and screams:-

THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Before driving off into the sunset, never to be seen again,

We're fast approaching that time again.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Although I try not to generalise, I will say this: Not all Albion fans are poor, but as a fanbase, proportionately, we are getting worse and worse. The level of entitlement is staggering and the level of rage and criticism aimed at players isn't something I've seen as regularly in my time as an Albion fan (with the exception of the late Hyypia era).

There's also a massive uplift in general stupidity and expressions of literally batsh*t opinions. A prime example: A couple of weeks ago the chap next to me spend the entire first half demanding we "stop fannying about and get it in the box" and "go long" with Maupay up front, then in the second half Maupay dropped deeper and Murray came on and we started to go longer and aim for Murray, which then prompted "FFS lads! Keep it on the f***ing ground! Play your game!".

It took every fibre of my being to keep quiet. What's the point? People are now utterly incapable of comprehending other points of view in any walk of life, especially football.

We have some great fans in our fan base, but my personal view is that it's not something that's getting better...

My working assumption is that we have the highest percentage of football coaches, with their pro licence, given the amount of 'advice' we give the management.

theboybilly

Had a very angry man to right last night. 3rd row I think, and was to the far right of the away section. We would do nothing for long periods then burst into an extended rant. Fully strained face shouting as loud as he could whilst throwing a paddy (jumping up and down and throwing his arms).

This was almost certainly the loudmouth behind me. It was embarrassing to be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here