Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MPs vote to spend £20bn to replace Trident

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure we could get one a lot cheaper from someone like Russia. I always find it a bit rich that we instruct countries to disarm and invade them as they supposedly have WMD, then we boast to the media that we are building submarines to carry our new-clear weapons.

G-d almighty! :thud:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
95 Labour MPs dissented, and 4 members of the Government resigned over this vote.

:wave: Tony :salute:

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Bry Nylon said:
4 members of the Government resigned over this vote.

Not quite accurate - one ministerial aide, two parliamentary secretaries, and the Deputy Leader of the House of Commons resigned over the issue before the vote had taken place.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Grendel said:
Not quite accurate - one ministerial aide, two parliamentary secretaries, and the Deputy Leader of the House of Commons resigned over the issue before the vote had taken place.

I was quoting the headline on Newsnight...are they being economical with the truth....???

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Bry Nylon said:
95 Labour MPs dissented

I think this is the important statistic here. Only about 60 opposition MPs voted against the proposal (to put that into perspective, the Conservative Party currently has 198 MPs). If the majority of the opposition had voted against, rather than with the Government, this would have been defeated easily.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
withdeanwombat said:
Don't Panic!

LDC have already objected.

They don't object to the idea. They just think that there are better oceans that they could be deployed in.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
what about Trident/Bat Collision potential?:(

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
f*** SAKE just how stupid does C' U N T Blair think we are ?

The USA and Russia have 1000's of Warheads available, to our piddling few, would either ask our permission to obliterate each other ? Would Iran really NOT get nuclear weopons because the land that's only real contribution to the world at the moment is its contant arse lickling of a meglomaniac and vast expenditure fighting a pointless war, whilst the country is sunk further and further into a chav society at home ?

How many Schools and Hospitals could be built for the money I wonder ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I can never quite work out if Trident is a deterrant or an attack system? I remember reading somewhere that it basically was a load of missiles to be fired at nuclear missiles to make them explode in mid air. But read elsewhere that they are infact nuclear missiles. I am confused.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
trident_freshmintnew.jpg

NEW TRIDENT GUM!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here