Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Moving to Worthing

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
If talking pubs, Fox and Finch up by the Thomas A Beckett is good and newer west Worthing station as Grizley Bear and Green Man

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Grew up in Tarring, creating the well rounded person I am now.

I like the general area it's got lots to offer and as we all know west is best.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I grew up in Tarring, lovely childhood memories and a nice safe place with plenty of links via road a rail.

I still live in Worthing, have done for 50 years.

Worthing has become gridlocked by traffic in peak times and the mass building makes it feel like it’s growing beyond its capable infrastructure.

I have also noticed a big shift in its demographics, for the first time I am seriously thinking about moving out to a smaller town. It doesn’t have the same feel for me anymore, but each to their own.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If talking pubs, Fox and Finch up by the Thomas A Beckett is good and newer west Worthing station as Grizley Bear and Green Man
Are pubs really that important in deciding where to live? I can see a case for not wanting to live too near a pub, or for not wanting to live anywhere near a rowdy pub but ……. How often do people really go to the local pub? Once a week?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Driving through Worthing is hell all day every day. The A27 is not fit for purpose from the southwick holmbush roundabout until the findon roundabout, plan on an hour for less than 10 miles, the coast road is no better. Roads not upgraded much since 1960 population 60000 to 2023 population 130 000 and 4 times the cars

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Pubs don’t mean a lot to me, but getting too and from work and back and forth from the Amex are main things,

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Are pubs really that important in deciding where to live? I can see a case for not wanting to live too near a pub, or for not wanting to live anywhere near a rowdy pub but ……. How often do people really go to the local pub? Once a week?
Popular pubs tend to have decent eateries, regular taxis, late night convenience etc. near to them as there is a guaranteed custom/footfall.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I actually really like Worthing, my son moved there a couple of years ago. He lives a 10 min walk away from Worthing Pier. I go over there on Sundays but the town centre seems quite chilled. Even the homeless person by Tesco Express reads a book rather than being p**sed and aggressively begging. There's some nice pubs and restaurants. Worthing Beach is nice and not covered in litter. I get the 700 Coastliner back into Brighton which feels like it takes forever but I'm not a fan of the train & the route is pleasant. Get off the bus at North Street Brighton at 10pm Sunday & it feels like you've arrived on another planet. Nice clean Worthing, stepping through sick and litter in Brighton & watching fights kick off. I don't think Worthing deserves the reputation it's got, it doesn't seem a s**t hole compared to Brighton.
That made me LOL “Even the homeless person by Tesco Express reads a book rather than being p**sed and aggressively begging”

It reminds me of my time in Japan seeing all these calm polite homeless people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here