Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to Seaford or Rye ... comments?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Which is the correct (and original) pronunciation, Miss Gull. Some of the presenters on Radio Sussex get this right, some don't. I groan with disappointment when they don't. Also, am I the last person in Sussex to pronounce Keymer KYMER? OK, I probably am......oh well, must go and feed the mammoth.....:)
This has been covered at least twice in this thread already! But yes, you are right!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have you seen the people of Langley and Hamden park they nearly all have two teeth and a brain sell between them
Just seen this post!

Two spelling mistakes regarding Eastbourne places in order to emphasise how thick the inhabitants are and then uses 'sell' instead of 'cell'.

Quality! :ffsparr:

I grew up in Seaford and lived there until I was 26. It is generally a middle class town with few social problems. It was, for me, a wonderful place to live. Proximity to the sea, Seaford Head and the south downs immediately behind the town was fantastic. What it lacked was the excitement of bigger towns like Eastbourne (Eastbourne exciting, I know.....) or Brighton. However being situated almost bang in the middle of the two was great. The shops are pleasant enough although there are probably too many estate agents and charity shops now. It was a lovely, quiet place to live and I still miss it even 20 years later. I absolutely love Rye, it's one of the best towns in Sussex imo except it is relatively far away from the Brighton area where I would wish to be.

Been looking at the exact two same places for a possible pre retirement move in a few years,both nice but Rye a little bit more upmarket but a bit too far out. Inlaws move a few years ago from Burgess Hill to Seaford and love it. So Seaford gets the vote but for a day out its Rye:moo:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Been looking at the exact two same places for a possible pre retirement move in a few years,both nice but Rye a little bit more upmarket but a bit too far out. Inlaws move a few years ago from Burgess Hill to Seaford and love it. So Seaford gets the vote but for a day out its Rye:moo:
I also love Rye. It's proximity to, well almost nowhere else large is a big plus or negative. I wouldn't want to live so far from Lewes, Seaford or indeed Brighton.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Always liked Seaford went back a few weeks ago to see my old hunting grounds my old school is now a doctors surgery and the cinema is now a morrisons at least the salts looks the same however I been been back to play cricket a few times against Seaford and once went to Crouch gardens to watch HH in the second leg of a charity cup final. Brain Powney was watching Seaford that day. I even Sledged down the golf course in the 60s loved spending my summer holidays on the beach.
With all you Brighton Fans living in Seaford why have you not formed a Surpoters group.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Love Seaford move there,Rye whilst charming and historic has an underbelly of delapidation in places..

Always liked Seaford went back a few weeks ago to see my old hunting grounds my old school is now a doctors surgery and the cinema is now a morrisons at least the salts looks the same however I been been back to play cricket a few times against Seaford and once went to Crouch gardens to watch HH in the second leg of a charity cup final. Brain Powney was watching Seaford that day. I even Sledged down the golf course in the 60s loved spending my summer holidays on the beach.
With all you Brighton Fans living in Seaford why have you not formed a Surpoters group.

But you never pushed anyone off the prom back in the day when there was an arm breaking drop???

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I'm happy to form a Brighton Suppositery's Group... and sledge even during the Summer in fact all year round..:whistle:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm happy to form a Brighton Suppositery's Group... and sledge even during the Summer in fact all year round..:whistle:
Start by inviting PB to do a question and answer session also choose a base / pub in Seaford get a price for coaches to The Amex great to travel with like minded fans.
We have had ex players including Peter Ward visit us in Haywards Heath. We have raised money for the club charities in the past.
We should have independent clubs all over Sussex and Kent ( Burwash )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here