Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving back to Blighty & Brighton: Help needed!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fiveways has reinvented itself as Fiveways Village, complete with holistic healers and the usual bollocksy array of non-shops that nobody ever goes in. Despite the naff 'Fiveways Village' tag, patently a desperate device to try and talk up property prices, the big old houses are still nice and the pubs remain stubbornly shit. Village my arse :lol:

Who has re-invented it as that? The Arsegas? You?

That post was soooo HB&B.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That post was soooo HB&B.

You take that BACK! :tantrum:

Who has re-invented it as that? The Arsegas? You?

Nope,the property wankers.

Halls Estate Agents for one:

Fiveways

And I quote...

'Fiveways Village also offers boutique shops, bars restaurants and delicatessens along with good commuter links to London from Preston Park station (approx half a mile away) and London Road station. Brighton’s mainline station is nearby along with Brightons award winning beach and vibrant City centre.'

Don't believe the hype :p

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fiveways Village is being marketed as a nice place to live for those moving down from London :lol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Isn't Fiveways Village a popular place for meeting frindly Eastern European girls?

D

Deleted User X18H

Fiveways has reinvented itself as Fiveways Village, complete with holistic healers and the usual bollocksy array of non-shops that nobody ever goes in. Despite the naff 'Fiveways Village' tag, patently a desperate device to try and talk up property prices, the big old houses are still nice and the pubs remain stubbornly shit. Village my arse :lol:

I agree with everything you say here Woss. 'Oh look at us we are from THE Fiveways'

This is the supposedly quaint urban village that contains 'The Stabber' , a bookies,and two quite awful Indian takeaways. Not to mention your Saturday night Hollingdean Chav.

Fiveways Village!! Fiveways ghetto more like. Franklands Village is nearer the mark.

And Lukewarm THIS post is sooooo HB&B

Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I live close to the fiveways and I'll tell you one thing, if your on the 'preston village' side of fiveways, you're fine, if you're on the dip side, go spend your time on the preston village side, its a 'nicer' place full of Catholics, Nuns and old people.

I wouldn't take pride in ANYTHING from the fiveways area EXCLUDING Raven's bakery, go there on good friday, ask for dozens of hot cross buns-you're all set.

Supermarkers closest by are Sainsbury's and Asda, most convenience shops around are crap, so it may be better to get traditional food. If you have pets its best to go to either grove lodge or another one just off surrenden road in Harrington Villas.

Avoid most pubs in the area, Stanmer park has had HUGE drug problems in the past.

Barbers- a few are around the fiveways, but if you're familiar with Brighton, the best place to go to is Clippers in town.

Takeaway's- I can only think of the Happy Inn, but thats on the other side of Brighton in Westdene.

Fiveways is a 'borderlands' area of brighton, on one side is the fancy preston village, town, Hollingbury, Patcham etc, the other side has the Council estates in Hollingdean, Whitehawk, Coldean and so on, so it is naturally rougher, but Hollingdean isn't too terrible a place, well Im there so thats ONE bonus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here