Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
The 1.5mil west ham paid for nolan is secondary to his wages, theyll be astronomical compared to lua lua, so in that respect theyre not comparable.

It's still a hell of a lot of money, as I said, hopefully that's the "full possible fee" - much like Nolan's is 4m. If it is a basic fee of 1.5 that could rise then I think we're being ripped off a bit, considering a player like Scott Sinclair was available for 1m last season.

This isn't devaluing KLL, I just hope 1.5m is it. It's already a heck of a lot..

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if true, and also if we are signing one other, then could well be Michael Woods.

However, does anyone else feel Lua Lua signing will be...I don't know....slightly anti-climatic?

Very exciting obviously, but not as exciting if he signed without anyone knowing about it beforehand, like alot of other signings lately.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
why are people surprised that we are paying £1.5million.
same price as Norwich paid for Bennett.
i would say they are comparable players and would be priced about the same.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Cor Blimey!

The fixtures are coming out and we are signing 2 players, all in one day.

If they revealed one of the new kits tomorrow, I think my actual head may explode.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
[MENTION=498]Braders[/MENTION] - great minds and all that...

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Cor Blimey!

The fixtures are coming out and we are signing 2 players, all in one day.

If they revealed one of the new kits tomorrow, I think my actual head may explode.

Your actual head? Do you have other fake heads?!

I know how you feel though!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
why are people surprised that we are paying £1.5million.
same price as Norwich paid for Bennett.
i would say they are comparable players and would be priced about the same.

I actually think KLL in worth more than Bennett. Bennett is good, but has probably little scope for improving to become great. KLL is still as green as grass. With Gus to guide him - he has the potential to become truly great. At the moment, they probably play at a similar level, but the price difference relates to the relative potential - in my opinion.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Amen some sense at last.

Would you say they are that comparable? Genuine question. I think KLL has greater talent than EB (personally) but this is far from proven, a few good games in league one doesn't justify that price tag. Particularly when a year ago Sinclair signed for 800k-1m for Swansea and he was actually proven to some degree in the Championship.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I actually think KLL in worth more than Bennett. Bennett is good, but has probably little scope for improving to become great. KLL is still as green as grass. With Gus to guide him - he has the potential to become truly great. At the moment, they probably play at a similar level, but the price difference relates to the relative potential - in my opinion.

Interesting thoughts.

Gutted to loose Bennet but to gain Buckley AND (possibly) KLL to replace him is a hell of a good deal for us. Especially considering the fee we took for Elliott.

If KLL joins the Gus Bus and Poyet gets his 'dream' player then we'll challenge top 6. No doubt.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Wouldn't be surprised if true, and also if we are signing one other, then could well be Michael Woods.

However, does anyone else feel Lua Lua signing will be...I don't know....slightly anti-climatic?

Very exciting obviously, but not as exciting if he signed without anyone knowing about it beforehand, like alot of other signings lately.

Um. Let me think.

No.

It's the most excited I've EVER been about a signing.

I'm 41.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here