Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourinho - Tell the FA to come and get me

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I may be missing something here, but if you're unemployed and want the job shouldn't you actually APPLY, rather than expect the employer to come looking for you?

Somewhat arrogant to be going about it the way Mourinho appears to be doing..no change there then.

Perhaps it's arrogance, I couldn't give a toss, I just want someone who knows what they are frigging doing in charge of our boys

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I don't like Mourinho but I would love him to be England coach.

It should be an Englishman, but there is no one, in my opinion, who has shown that he could be up to the job. Simple passion doesn't do it for me - Keegan had great passion but, by his own admssion, he wasn't up to it.

Personally, I don't believe that the players don't have passion and I am sure they want to win as much as we want them them to, but they need strong direction and a man who can make the tough decisions - admit that Lampard and Gerrard can't play together, pick Beckham when it is right to do so even if it's unpopular, or drop Beckham even if it's unpopular. McLaren got all that wrong. And as for the Carson decision...

I don't care any more what nationality the coach is - as long as he is strong-minded and tactically astute enough to get talented players to play up to their potential and not run around like schoolboys with lots of skill and no brains.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't like Mourinho but I would love him to be England coach.

It should be an Englishman, but there is no one, in my opinion, who has shown that he could be up to the job. Simple passion doesn't do it for me - Keegan had great passion but, by his own admssion, he wasn't up to it.

Personally, I don't believe that the players don't have passion and I am sure they want to win as much as we want them them to, but they need strong direction and a man who can make the tough decisions - admit that Lampard and Gerrard can't play together, pick Beckham when it is right to do so even if it's unpopular, or drop Beckham even if it's unpopular. McLaren got all that wrong. And as for the Carson decision...

I don't care any more what nationality the coach is - as long as he is strong-minded and tactically astute enough to get talented players to play up to their potential and not run around like schoolboys with lots of skill and no brains.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wonder how Gerrard feels about this news given the way he f***ed Chelsea and Mourinho about with the transfer that never happened? :D

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well, if Jose gets the England job i guess Gerrard would be very very worried.

Lamps would be sure to start, and if he could play like he did for Chelsea under Mourinho then thats fine by me.

So would Gerrard get in the team.... who knows

I may be missing something here, but if you're unemployed and want the job shouldn't you actually APPLY, rather than expect the employer to come looking for you?

Somewhat arrogant to be going about it the way Mourinho appears to be doing..no change there then.

Do you work for the FA by any chance?

As Alex Fergusson has said, Jose is THE outstanding candidate for this job. Why the FA have not got off their fat useless arses and tried to get him in already I have no idea. What a useless bunch of thundercunts. All it takes is a phonecall Barwick!!!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

As Alex Fergusson has said, Jose is THE outstanding candidate for this job. Why the FA have not got off their fat useless arses and tried to get him in already I have no idea. What a useless bunch of thundercunts. All it takes is a phonecall Barwick!!!

You see it is not hard, except Barwick is involved.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Do you think Sven would have lasted as long if I did..oh hang on

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The last process for the appointment of an England manager was generally regarded as a dismal failure. Who ran this? Brian Barwick - And who have we got finding the next England manager? Brian f***ing Barwick.

All we need to do is appeal to Mourinho's vanity and he would probably take the job. Men like Barwick don't think like that and will dither about talking about 'process' & 'Committees'' Meanwhile, the outstanding candidate for the job will slip through our fingers and we will be left with another shite manager.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Which makes him so good

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well, if Jose gets the England job i guess Gerrard would be very very worried.

Lamps would be sure to start, and if he could play like he did for Chelsea under Mourinho then thats fine by me.

So would Gerrard get in the team.... who knows

They should all be worried, this should make the, play well.

I dont think Lampard would get in the team just because he is at Chelsea, Lampard didn really show Jose commitment
while he was there did he?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Mourinho's arrogance starts where his confidence ends.

I don't particularly view him as arrogant - just extremely confident in his own abilities. Judging on his past successes, it's very well merited.

FA - swallow your pride and get him in now.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Mourinho has given The FA a GOLDEN opportunity to do what they have singularly FAILED to do in the past - recruit a person who is the preferred choice of those IN the game AND the fans.

If they f*** this up then everyone who is a fan of England should queue up outside Soho Square and take turns to kick Brian Barwick HARD in the TESTICLES.

Mr Barwick - MAKE THE CALL

Thank you

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Is he just saying that he has not been asked, but that if he was, he'd deffo consider it, what's wrong with that. As other folks have said, he's done 50% of Barwick's job for him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
whats stopping jose applying himself, the lazy get.

Because he's "Special" but we are so DESPERATE that apparently he needs to be approached rather than asking :rolleyes:

Maybe he can't write?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here