Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourinho - Tell the FA to come and get me

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7116283.stm

Mourinho 'invites England offer'

Mourinho has been out of work since leaving Chelsea in September
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly expressed an interest in becoming the new England manager.

Mourinho, who left Chelsea in September, said he would be prepared to talk to the Football Association.

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me. We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."

Mourinho would be a popular choice to replace Steve McClaren at the helm with England because of his hugely impressive record with Chelsea and Porto.

He won two Portuguese championships, the Uefa Cup and the Champions League with Porto, before leaving to win two Premier League titles, two League Cups and the FA Cup with the Blues.

The 44-year-old had been tipped to stay in club management in Europe, having previously suggested that he would only be interested in coaching his native Portugal at international level.

FA chief executive Brian Barwick has said that nationality "would not be an issue" when it came to appointing the next England coach.

England, who have dropped down to the second pot of seeds in qualification for the major tournaments, avoided Portugal in Sunday's draw for the World Cup.

Barwick will lead the FA's search for a new coach after they missed out on a place at Euro 2008, alongside the organisation's development director Sir Trevor Brooking.

The FA has already had to listen to several potential candidates rule themselves out of contention for the position with Aston Villa's Martin O'Neill, West Ham's Alan Curbishley and Newcastle's Sam Allardyce all distancing themselves from speculation.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Agreed, lets just hope there is some basis to this story.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He `s a pig headed, arrogant know all.

He makes me laugh. Lets get him. He`s a bloody good manager as well.

With the FA under a little bit of pressure they may just feel it safest to go with the man the public will want.
That will be Jose. When they picked our first foriegn coach very few of us really knew who Sven was, but we all know about this fellow.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I will not give up on the England football team if they appoint someone of his calibre. I would love to see him in the England dugout. Make it happen FA. I will love you forever.*

* I won't because they are a bunch of overpaid useless :censored:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
He `s a pig headed, arrogant know all.

He makes me laugh. Lets get him. He`s a bloody good manager as well.

With the FA under a little bit of pressure they may just feel it safest to go with the man the public will want.
That will be Jose. When they picked our first foriegn coach very few of us really knew who Sven was, but we all know about this fellow.

That is quite possibly the best post you have ever written!!!

The FA will miss their chance. They'll fanny around for a couple of months, doing their so-called "root and branch" inquiry into what's gone wrong. And they'll fail to notice that what is wrong is ... themselves.

If they want Mourinho, Barwick needs to phone him up by lunchtime and offer him the job. If they don't do that, they'll have missed the ONLY chance they had.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The FA will miss their chance. They'll fanny around for a couple of months, doing their so-called "root and branch" inquiry into what's gone wrong. And they'll fail to notice that what is wrong is ... themselves.

If they want Mourinho, Barwick needs to phone him up by lunchtime and offer him the job. If they don't do that, they'll have missed the ONLY chance they had.

I fear you may be spot on, Lord B

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
The up side is that he could do well for us.

The down side is that objectionable, arrogant man would be in the forefront again. I was glad to see the back of him when he left Chelsea. Can't stand the man!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Indeed.

There are too many procedures, niceties and protocol to attend to before the FA can make a decision.

They will probably miss the boat yet again.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It simple pick up the phone and

1) Jose do you want it yes or no?

Yes = jubilation
No = oops sorry did you say that was Jose sorry called the wrong number was trying to get through to Capello

Can't help but think we will miss out on both and end up with leatherface Redknapp

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Barwick,

Get off your arse, with pen and contract in hand and pop off to Portgual and come back with the Special One as the new England manager.

That is not a request it is a demand from a fan that pays his way to support his nation that can only be described at present as a complete and utter shambles.

NOW GO!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Barwick,

Get off your arse, with pen and contract in hand and pop off to Portgual and come back with the Special One as the new England manager.

That is not a request it is a demand from a fan that pays his way to support his nation that can only be described at present as a complete and utter shambles.

NOW GO!

What he said.

BARWICK, GET OFF YOUR FAT ARSE AND SORT IT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Too opinionated for those self serving wankers at the FA to even consider imo.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Barwick,

NOW GO!

spot on

Barwick out, Sir Alan Sugar in

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Barwick,

NOW GO!

What he said.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
come on fa he can't make it any more inviting than that! God 4 England

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I may be missing something here, but if you're unemployed and want the job shouldn't you actually APPLY, rather than expect the employer to come looking for you?

Somewhat arrogant to be going about it the way Mourinho appears to be doing..no change there then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here