Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mountain Bikes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite.
Always worth a look for models from various makers.
See the one you like, and run off to a different shop to buy it.

My problems with Evans could get troublesome quite quickly, so I will shush there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alas for Evans the list is endless.
I once recieve such poor service from 1 bloke at Gatwick, I have refused to use them again, I was only after a pair of shoes.
Wifey, on the other hand, has had a fair few dealings with them, her being a short arse means she is catered for better by them.

Every time it has been horrendous, general poor service has been the normal, on from that the advise she has recieved has been boarderline dangerous.
They attempted to sell her a bike so big she could only touch the down pedal with the tip of her toes. ('looks alright to me')
When she did buy a bike from them the process took over an hour.
No joke, I even wandered into the Quadrant and had a pint.

I do have at least half a dozen other issues, but as I said earlier, no point ranting about them, they just will never recieve another penny from me.

I like many refuse to use them, type Evans into any cycling forum's search engine, and you will see I'm not overstating.

You my friend seem to be the lucky ONE.

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
I went to Evans Cycles last week at Gatwixk. Service was great and got a bargain. Ignore other comments, they are very good. Wife and Brother-in-law have been there since and very happy. Plus, they have a sale at moment

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
thanks for the advice- if anyone does have a bike they want to sell or hear of one give me a shout

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went to Evans Cycles last week at Gatwixk. Service was great and got a bargain. Ignore other comments, they are very good. Wife and Brother-in-law have been there since and very happy. Plus, they have a sale at moment

I take it you won't be back on line to tell me about the niggling little problems, knocking noises, perhaps the odd gear slip, etc.
That all stem from the bike not being built properly, in the first place.

Each to there own, I certainly didn't dismiss Snoob, but was asked to explain.
And yes all the above and more come under 'I do have at least 1/2 a dozen issues'.

This is verses my bike, brought from an LBS (I could have got it from Evans) which is 2,000 miles old, and is as good as new.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here