Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motson

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Is John Motson Scottish?

He spent the whole game on Saturday xxxxxxx off England and being the most pessimistic wanker on planet earth.

Monday night he was practically cuming in his pants over an average Italian performance against a very poor side. Then last night all he did was harp on about how great Brazil were (even though they were quite poor last night) and how amazing the Croatian fans were because they had a couple of flares! Oooooooohhh!

I did make me chuckle that shortly after he'd mentioned the Croatian fans for the 56 time one of them was acting up on the pitch.

Does anyone switch the commentary over to radio 5? Is it any better? I don't think I can put up listening to that prick any more!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I turned the volume down last night after Brazil scored as i couldn't take anymore of the big Brazil love-in that was happening last night.

Don't get me wrong Brazil are a good side, but last night they weren't..... so why was Motson and Lawrenson harping on about how fantastic they are.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
But if Brazil are playing badly it is because they CHOOSE to!

They have another gear don't forget and sometimes they just EXPLODE!

:jester:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
summed it up for me when before a ball had even been kicked there was a shot of Ronaldinho and Motson in an over zealous voice screamed "Ohhh look at Ronaldinho" . . . . .WTF He was just standing there. This Brazil anal licking does your nut in. They have pre-conceived ideas about teams and seem to stick to them regardless of how the game goes. . . . . and what's with all these Micks co - commentating !!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
There was a great bit where Ronaldinho put in a decent cross and Lawro was going "Look at how many play that ball bisected. And they wonder why we go on about the Brazilians?"

IT WAS JUST A FECKING CROSS!

Also the goal. Yes it was a decnt goal but come off it how many long range goals have been scored with this stupid ball? I thought the Japanese and German efforts were better but know one wet themselves over it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lammy said:
There was a great bit where Ronaldinho put in a decent cross and Lawro was going "Look at how many play that ball bisected. And they wonder why we go on about the Brazilians?"

IT WAS JUST A FECKING CROSS!

Also the goal. Yes it was a decnt goal but come off it how many long range goals have been scored with this stupid ball? I thought the Japanese and German efforts were better but know one wet themselves over it.

It was a in fact a corner! :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lammy said:
But no one in the world could have put the ball in like THAT!

Didnt Man Utd score a goal like that a few years ago at Bradford?

Scholes smashed it in on the volly from the edge of the box.

Does that make Scholes better than a Brazilian?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Kinky Gerbils said:
Didnt Man Utd score a goal like that a few years ago at Bradford?

Scholes smashed it in on the volly from the edge of the box.

Does that make Scholes better than a Brazilian?

NO ONE is better than a Brazilian!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Kinky Gerbils said:
That includes Carlos, who is deadly from free kicks - or not....

This is true. I can't belive they let him take any. The only time that is worth it is if you are 40 yards out and down to 10 men.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lammy said:
This is true. I can't belive they let him take any. The only time that is worth it is if you are 40 yards out and down to 10 men.

And with a beach ball - that World cup 98 ball was a joke.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Was gonna start this thread myself this morning!

The line that did it for me and that had me reaching for the 5Live red button came when Brazil got their first corner.

Motson " Ohh (Motson giggle) I wonder if they even bother with corners in Brazil?"

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT F**KING MEANS :angry:

They beat Croatia one-nil

Italy beat Ghana one-nil

Holland beat Serbia one - nil

We beat Paraguay one-nil

That is all.

Actually no its not!

Motson "They use the group games as their warm up games for the tournament."

TWAT.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Motson is FAR worse when Beckham is playing.

Last night was nothing in comparrison to his Beck's lovefest.

E

enigma

He wasnt that positive about the Italy game, he resorted to old stereotypes when I was listening and spent most of the match bigging up Ghana, in a slightly patronising way.

Its been the same in all the last world cups. Obviously the Brazillian players are brialliant. Ronaldinho is very special.

But Brazil only really turn on the football againgst average to poor sides and when they are two +up.

If you hanrangue them they cannot play.

They harp back to the 1970 Brazil as the best ever. Well we only lost 1-0 with them in an equal contest on their terms (it was **** me Jesus ******* hot). Ramsey made two mistakes in that tournament. Not allowing the players to climatise to the conditions. He banned sunbathing? And taking Bobby Charlton off b4 the game againgst was finally won, a secision that allowed Germany back into the game.

So if we had won the World Cup? But that was the best Brazil and best ever TEAM ever. What would that had made us?

Motson would say ah but "The Brazillian outfit in 1970 was the best though England luckily beat them..............

He is Scottish and a ****

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
We were the favourites in 1970 until they THRASHED us 1-0.

I forgot about that comment about "Do they bother with corners in Brazil"

:lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
After Italy's first goal:

"It's a pearler from Pirlo"

Cocker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here