Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Sadly have decided my lovely CBR600 must go, fell over on the drive (my fault) and had get a neighbours teenager to help get it upright again (joys of being 63). Don't want to give up bikes after 42 years so perhaps an RD250 - but where can you find one?
Yeah - thinking along similar lines - going to replace my GSX 1250 FA with a smaller lighter bike. I'm thinking of one of these (SV 650):
1716914540045.png

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
My bike seems heavier this year, SV650 seems a too sensible a solution though :) How about the mini B-king? Probably too buzzy.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Not sure the tank colour makes a lot of difference to visibility really - although I suppose every little helps. Its only visible if side on. Jacket, helmet colour and headlight/tail-light make the main differences.

Edit - sorry I see same point was made above :)
It is a good point. However I find colourful bikes look nicer!
Do you chaps buy bikes for acceleration, top speed, handling, comfort, noise, price or age? I know guys who have several bikes, it's like a drug for them.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Have
Do you chaps buy bikes for acceleration, top speed, handling, comfort, noise, price or age? I know guys who have several bikes, it's like a drug for them.
Have had close on 30 since 1981, everything from 125's to 850's.

Usually bought on what they would be like when rebuilt!

Favourite was my 750 Norton Commando Cafe Racer, very fast and had even stopped the oil leaks by the time I sold it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Almost envious .... Looks good..!! gave up bikes when got married. Decided it would be irresponsible to kill myself with wife and kids.
I gave up riding for 20 years while my daughter was growing up, so I know exactly where you’re coming from.

Before I found out I was pregnant I would not worry at all, once I knew I didn’t ride it. I kept it until after she was born and went out but was so worried about of something happened how would I look after her, I ended up selling and only got back to it three years ago.

still wish I had my zxr400 but my back and backside would not thank me now.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
My first bike was a cherry red KH250 ( 2-stroke triple)... my last was a metallic orange K1300S .. in-between was 40 years and about 12 bikes .... Stopped last year, roads too crap, traffic turning a bit Mad Max...... my favourite?.. my Black and Red Ducati Monster 1100 ... a very angry bike that when idling, sounded like a bag of spanners, but when riding was a feisty dream machine.

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My first bike was a cherry red KH250 ( 2-stroke triple)... my last was a metallic orange K1300S .. in-between was 40 years and about 12 bikes .... Stopped last year, roads too crap, traffic turning a bit Mad Max....
My very first bike was a Kawasaki KH125 2-stroke and kick start, it was last year they made them 1998

I grew up around motorbikes as my brothers had them. Just after we got married, I suggested to my husband that we get some motorbikes, neither of us had a license. We bought a couple of Kh125s as they were very cheep at the time and got them delivered to the CBT centre. We did that and rode them home. After about six months we decided to do our tests.

Once we passed I bought a ZXR400 and he got a Honda CBR600f

then

IMG_0475.jpeg

Now
IMG_0978.jpeg

Last edited:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Well my priorities have changed as I’ve got older and also as I no longer commute. I am now super cautious and just enjoy the ride without it having to be an adrenaline filled race to the destination. Priority is therefore something I can push in and out of the garage, and is just fun to take on an easy ride, or jump on and nip into town on.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

It's an age thing. In my yoof I'd go for the speed, at 17 I bought the RD250 because it was the max I could get on my licence. Then other sports bikes inc a 1,000cc 'widowmaker'. Plus a couple of enduro bikes which were fun rides.

As I got older, it's more about the pleasure than the speed, which, for me, includes comfort. Sports bikes are a lot of things but comfortable is not one of them.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
My very first bike was a Kawasaki KH125 2-stroke and kick start, it was last year they made them 1998

I grew up around motorbikes as my brothers had them. Just after we got married, I suggested to my husband that we get some motorbikes, neither of us had a license. We bought a couple of Kh125s as they were very cheep at the time and got them delivered to the CBT centre. We did that and rode them home. After about six months we decided to do our tests.

Once we passed I bought a ZXR400 and he got a Honda CBR600f

then

View attachment 183126

Now
View attachment 183128
Very nice indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here