Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
125 monkey bike sounds fun, the originals were 50cc? With smaller wheels?

Funnily enough, the Lambretta made 68-71 which was monkey-esque, 50cc and bmx slow, but has been given the modern engine twist in the last few years . . . All on an original bike though, no new ones . . .yet!

https://youtu.be/AvadiemJjN8

A2988FB0-D238-454C-AEDF-B7654E20673C.jpeg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If anyone is interested this is a short video of me doing a lap at Brands Hatch GP Circuit on my GSXR 750.

https://youtu.be/AuHQT7U0o1g

Scenes..

Only three better Bike Tracks (and you can't do the last one without a Comp Licence as they don't do Track Days)

Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and Olivers Mount.

My dad held the Lap Records at the last two and was a TT Winner to boot (1950 Senior Clubmans), sadly I haven't got an ounce of his skill!

Last edited:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Looking forward to getting the bike out again, changed battery these Yuasa batteries are awful; brand new 2019 bike and the original is dead.

Roll on the good weather.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Just bought myself one of these.
I've had plenty of V-twins in the past and decided I needed another one. Good decision!
It's still too cold to enjoy the experience to its fullest though.

EB4FBF8C-6EC8-45D1-BACF-A6EB99076F41.jpeg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Scenes..

Only three better Bike Tracks (and you can't do the last one without a Comp Licence as they don't do Track Days)

Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and Olivers Mount.

My dad held the Lap Records at the last two and was a TT Winner to boot (1950 Senior Clubmans), sadly I haven't got an ounce of his skill!

Cadwell Park makes me nervous, it just looks so narrow! Wouldn’t mind a go around Oulton at some point, it looks absolutely rapid. That was my first time at GP and I honestly thought it was excellent, it was as much fun as the GP circuits I’ve done abroad.

That’s super cool about your dad, did you get to go and watch him race at the TT?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cadwell Park makes me nervous, it just looks so narrow! Wouldn’t mind a go around Oulton at some point, it looks absolutely rapid. That was my first time at GP and I honestly thought it was excellent, it was as much fun as the GP circuits I’ve done abroad.

That’s super cool about your dad, did you get to go and watch him race at the TT?

My older brother has raced at Cadwell (125cc gearbox kart). He thought was a great circuit. Obviously I know Oulton well, having been around it in a car when flag marshalling. Yes it is a fast circuit, mostly because there are no slow bends except the Esso hairpin and Lodge. Was lucky enough to watch a couple of the Transatlantic races in the Mid 1970's there, a certain Kenny Roberts led the Yanks (and us in both races)...

In regards to my dad, my mum made him give up road racing when my eldest brother was born in 1957 and I wasn't born until 1960 so I only saw him trials riding, which he kept on doing until around 1966. By then he was a BMC Car dealer and got hold of a Mini Cooper S so he went autocrossing for a few years. I still have a pair of his TT Silver Replicas ...

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
57bc7a2d00577952c9f22a15240846e3.jpg

The time of year is almost upon us [emoji274][emoji274][emoji274]

My Tiger 1050 sport

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That first bend at Donington is a bugger, seen so many people drop it there! Lovely swoop downhill after that.

I'm not a big fan of Donnington

Probably because it demands attention to detail and skill :lolol: as well as a few mechanical DNF's in the. Past

Having said that, I did my first ever race there, and finished 3 or 4 from last, after a good dice, so fond memories.

Theres a photo somewhere of me 2 wheels in the gravel exiting Redgate, it is a bugger of a corner.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The right hander, is it off camber or something? I know it catches many people out.

Have never raced there, my elder brother did in 125cc Kart British Champs and didn't over like the circuit, although he came 3rd from memory.

I think it is slightly off camber but quite fast and you need a good push on for the next downhill bit. Not a good combination on cold tyres of course and it is the first bend you come to after the start! Of course all the modern teams have tyre warmers but I'm going back to the 1980's...

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Have never raced there, my elder brother did in 125cc Kart British Champs and didn't over like the circuit, although he came 3rd from memory.

I think it is slightly off camber but quite fast and you need a good push on for the next downhill bit. Not a good combination on cold tyres of course and it is the first bend you come to after the start! Of course all the modern teams have tyre warmers but I'm going back to the 1980's...

Ah ok. I’ll confess, I have Diamond digital tyre warmers (set to 90’c) so they’re always super sticky when I head out, and I always do one slower lap before gunning it.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Here's me in 1976 on my Honda CB200. It cost £ 419 from Redhill Motors in North Road in Brighton.

Attachments

• 01-01-2015 12;53;21 (2).JPG
    01-01-2015 12;53;21 (2).JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here