Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mother Theresa a bit of a shit..

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Mother Theresa comes bsck from the dead to tie kids to their beds!

*gasp*

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
And where did you copy those lies from, some catholic church website? Most of it is lies. go and check the websites of those she and her order refused help to instead of swallowing church propoganda.

So swallow someone else's propaganda instead! Good call...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
She was a sodding cow. Refused treatment to anyone who did not first convert to catholocism, refused treatment to any woman who wanted to terminate a child they were carrying forcing thousands of poor and illiterate women in India to have children they did not want, refused to sanction any kind of contraception despite knowing it would condemn women in India to death from aids and other std's.

About as holy as a piece of shit quite frankly.

The woman was a soddin disgrace.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you sound like someone who is quite heavily opinionated based on a very narrow knowledge of the subject. There is plenty of literature to the contrary of what you have said. As already pointed out, there are undoubtedly going to be examples of bad practice done in her name, but thats a different thing...

When you say "refused treatment to any woman who wanted to terminate a child", presumably you mean give the abortion? I think its a little ridiculous to expect a Catholic nun to run an abortion clinic??!

And as a Catholic who opposes the stance on contraception I can't completely disagree with the problems it causes, particularly in the developing World, but to directly pin the blame on her for following her religion seems a tad extreme...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am not sure what all the facts are the only thing I have read on this is the brief report on the Macintyre website and I don't think the documentary has been released yet. It seems unclear whether the bad conditions arose after her death or if they were going on when she was alive and presumably had a say in their running. However, I would imagine toward the last years of her life she had little to do with the actual day to day logistics of the management of these places.

Macintyre can be a bit sensationalist at times but his reports on care for the elderly in this country were very well balanced. It seems quite a weighty topic to take on if you were going to sensationalise it. It will be interesting to find out what the reality is.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
even if she was the most kind, giving and compassionate person there was, was she doing it because she was pure of heart, wanting to help her fellow human?

no. she was doing it to book herself an extra-large bay for her gold-plated rolls in the fictional car-park that is heaven above.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
even if she was the most kind, giving and compassionate person there was, was she doing it because she was pure of heart, wanting to help her fellow human?

no. she was doing it to book herself an extra-large bay for her gold-plated rolls in the fictional car-park that is heaven above.

based on?

So swallow someone else's propaganda instead! Good call...

So independent reports from people who were turned away from her clinics and left to suffer because they would not acceed to her orders demands before being allowe dtreatment is propoganda is it. Whereas of course reports from people who have a vested interest in her being canonised are totally independent?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you sound like someone who is quite heavily opinionated based on a very narrow knowledge of the subject. There is plenty of literature to the contrary of what you have said. As already pointed out, there are undoubtedly going to be examples of bad practice done in her name, but thats a different thing...

When you say "refused treatment to any woman who wanted to terminate a child", presumably you mean give the abortion? I think its a little ridiculous to expect a Catholic nun to run an abortion clinic??!

And as a Catholic who opposes the stance on contraception I can't completely disagree with the problems it causes, particularly in the developing World, but to directly pin the blame on her for following her religion seems a tad extreme...

You are not a tad wrong at all. AFAIC regligion, and the catholic church in particular, are corrupt organisations from top to bottom. And of course the church whose views you believe about this woman is also the church which concealed massive evidence of countless numbers of their priests buggering little boys for decades, if not longer, all over the world. Good call as I think you said.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
So independent reports from people who were turned away from her clinics and left to suffer because they would not acceed to her orders demands before being allowe dtreatment is propoganda is it. Whereas of course reports from people who have a vested interest in her being canonised are totally independent?

You are not a tad wrong at all. AFAIC regligion, and the catholic church in particular, are corrupt organisations from top to bottom. And of course the church whose views you believe about this woman is also the church which concealed massive evidence of countless numbers of their priests buggering little boys for decades, if not longer, all over the world. Good call as I think you said.

It is all one long episode of Rebus in your world isn't it ? ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would say if her first name was Mother then she was bound to get a job caring for children. It's like The Jerry Springer Show, Jerry Springer had to be an absolute shoe in for that one.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
She was a sodding cow. Refused treatment to anyone who did not first convert to catholocism, refused treatment to any woman who wanted to terminate a child they were carrying forcing thousands of poor and illiterate women in India to have children they did not want, refused to sanction any kind of contraception despite knowing it would condemn women in India to death from aids and other std's.

About as holy as a piece of shit quite frankly.

The woman was a soddin disgrace.

bugger me. I'm agreeing with you here (that's a 1st!!!)

You are absolutely spot on with what you've written. She was far from christian in her attitude.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
:bla::bla::bla:

In 1952 Mother Teresa opened the first Home for the Dying in space.

Blimmey, man hadn't yet landed on the moon and good old mother T was already predicting the need for helping deseased astronauts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here