Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mother in law

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I do not speak the same language as my girlfriends mother and i love it.

No hassle and we get on great. Anyone else wish they were in the same position?

The mother of my last girlfriend used to give me so much grief and it caused a lot of problems between me and my girlfriend.

Anyone else in the same position? Do you find it a blessing like i do?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
So you now live in the Czech Republic and you can't speak the language :shrug:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
In same position and get on great with girlfriends mother who is younger than me ... we say hello...smile at each other and thats pretty much it..

Youre in Brno? IBM then?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
In same position and get on great with girlfriends mother who is younger than me ... we say hello...smile at each other and thats pretty much it..

Youre in Brno? IBM then?

Im not at IBM. I was going to do it but i dont think it too great there: i did send my CV in but my mate had chaged it without me know and it read that at my last job i was f***ing amazing!!! was not happy and had to go into IBM and say sorry for my mate being such a dick.

I have been doing some teaching, It seems amazing here that i have no experience in teaching but they seem to love having a native speaker.

I have also started working for a company called DSGI which is the Dixons, Currys and Pixmania group.

Quite like it here but it cant see it being my home forever.

Is Prague good then? I have been there but whats it like living there?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Same as anywhere after a while.... starts to feel small after a few years..having said that, other than two, two day trips back to UK, and a misunderstanding over the location of a party, ive not been beyond the Prague Metro.
Its ok, lots of tourists, so always a party vibe going on...

It's easier to get on with a woman who speaks another native language, I think there's a margin for communication that stops them leaping to misinterpretations, misunderstandings or preconceptions. It helps, especially with women, to be immune of being analysed.

That is my theory....my theory that it is (cough).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
big shock horror MIL's and SIL's don't understand one another
been happening since marriage was invented mate

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Youre in Brno? IBM then?

I remember reading twenty years or more ago a copy of "Whitehouse" or one of those top-shelf mags, where this bloke wrote in saying he had been seduced by the mother of his much younger girlfriend (might even have been wife), and he was "juggling" the two of them, hoping his girlfriend wouldn't find out.

He said that the mother would "gam" him which the daughter wouldn't, not a word you hear much nowadays...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I remember reading twenty years or more ago a copy of "Whitehouse" or one of those top-shelf mags, where this bloke wrote in saying he had been seduced by the mother of his much younger girlfriend (might even have been wife), and he was "juggling" the two of them, hoping his girlfriend wouldn't find out.

He said that the mother would "gam" him which the daughter wouldn't, not a word you hear much nowadays...

God forbid...my girls mother iis not at all attractive... and with the massive age difference between girlfriend and myself, thankfully, ill never live long enough to see her look anything like her mother.
Shes as good as gold though, and always makes sure ive got food, drink or whatever I need.. ..old school Russian..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
God forbid...my girls mother iis not at all attractive... and with the massive age difference between girlfriend and myself, thankfully, ill never live long enough to see her look anything like her mother.
Shes as good as gold though, and always makes sure ive got food, drink or whatever I need.. ..old school Russian..

It's the unattractive ones you got to look out for..they're the ones who are missing what you're giving their daughter! By the way where's the father-in-law then? How do you get on with HIMif he's around?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
How can she be "in law" if you are not married ??? surely she is just your girlfiend's mother

I get on fine with mine

Yeah, youre right..ive edited it.. im still waiting for her father to get here from Uzbekistan to get 'permission' to marry...hes been trying to get here for 2 years..
Not easy for them to get visa's etc. From the pics ive seen, he looks like Stalin...and
scares the living shit out of me... he has no idea i exist, and doesnt know his daughter and myself have a bar... as girlfriend and father is muslim (mother is Russian orthodox), it could get interesting.
but its just about a done deal as far as girl is concerned...so ive got used to thinking of them as mother in law etc...

Last edited:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I fell half in love with a girl in Croatia once..but she had a fiercesome boyfriend in the then Yugoslav military.

She disappeared from her home in Osijek afterwards and her parents wouldn't say what happened to her. Then years afterwards I started hearing the stories about the ex-Yugo tennis-player Jelena Dokic whose mother came from Osijek (same town) and whose psycho father had been in the military.

Still don't know if Jelena is the daughter of the girl I knew though..anyone know what her mother's maiden name is or was?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here