• Jeff Wood

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Hinsh

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Mike Bailey. Got the sack for not playing attractive football, but reaching 13th in the top flight. What would Mike Bamber have done with Magoo? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
3gulls said:
Mike Bailey. Got the sack for not playing attractive football, but reaching 13th in the top flight. What would Mike Bamber have done with Magoo? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

He would quite rightly have told that scottish twat that he was a xxxx and never ever ever darken this great club again.

He would also have quite rightly laid the blame fairly and squarly for our relegation at his door having witnessed de moralised players, bizarre team selections, falling out with players (leon excepted), baffling tactics, dismissals of games as not important....I could go on....

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Mike Bailey got sacked for playing safety first football, a bit like Bolton now. When he was sacked, we were sixth from bottom. Melia's gung ho football resulted in some heavy defeats.

Cattlins brand of football was amongst the best ive seen, with Penney, Wilson, Saunders and Frank Worthington almost got us to the top flight. In my opinion, he was sacked unjustly for not being a yes man. I remember there was a three hour debate on Southern FM about his sacking.

Gritt deserved to be sacked, we were playing appalling football, and were likely to lose our league status, as we were only just ahead of Doncaster at that stage. Horton won a couple to give us breathing space

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who went on the March when Cattlin got sacked ???

I was

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In order of harshness

1. Cattlin

2. Bailey
3. Lloyd
4. Gritt
5. Mullery
6. Melia
7. Case
8. Wood
9. Hinsh

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Chris Cattlin was responsible for our fewest goals against total in a legaue season - 34 from 42 matches in 1984/85 (11 at home - 23 away). And the most common back four that season was...

Chris Hutchings
Graham Pearce
Gary O'Reilly
Eric Young

all in front of Graham Moseley. Who would have thought it, eh?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Discussing Cattlin and Bailey like this tells me why we've always under-achieved in the past - we've kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
:bowdown: :bowdown: chris cattlin:bowdown: :bowdown:

as someone previous posted, go into his rock shop with yer stripes on and he always talks about the albion, still loves the club

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Mike Bailey got sacked for playing safety first football, a bit like Bolton now. When he was sacked, we were sixth from bottom. Melia's gung ho football resulted in some heavy defeats.

Cattlins brand of football was amongst the best ive seen, with Penney, Wilson, Saunders and Frank Worthington almost got us to the top flight. In my opinion, he was sacked unjustly for not being a yes man. I remember there was a three hour debate on Southern FM about his sacking.

Gritt deserved to be sacked, we were playing appalling football, and were likely to lose our league status, as we were only just ahead of Doncaster at that stage. Horton won a couple to give us breathing space

spot on...although I was still surprised about Gritt at the time. My initial reaction was that he got the chop 'cos he was Archer's man not DK's!!! - with regard to Cattlin - I loved watching the Albion at that time.... 4-3-3, really entertaining players etc etc. I have since got the impression that he wasn't overly popular with some of the players though

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
Agree with the concensus here - Chris Catlin. I can still remember hearing the news on the car radio and not understanding what the hell the club were doing.:nono:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
cannot remember the circumstances of catlins sacking so much. so went for gritt. i know the club wanted to move on but the miracle he performed in keeping us up with deserved a little longer in the hotseat. imo. i know the club needed to move on from that though and horton did a great job in turning the club around afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here