Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Most underrated movie

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Goodbye Charlie Bright, not for everyone but I’m the sort of person that doesn’t watch Jim Carey films. :wink:

I'm sorry. Why would you boast that you don't watch Jim Carey (sic) films? Some of his work is just brilliant. His serious films, his comedic work and then there's The Grinch which frankly is an incredible piece of work that few others could master. The Truman Show is a remarkable serious film and a great place to start. Personally I love The Cable Guy which was pretty universally panned so fits the thread. Otherwise I'm going with Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What’s eating Gilbert Grape

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm sorry. Why would you boast that you don't watch Jim Carey (sic) films?
Dunno, I can’t remember what I posted on here last week…..that was February :smile:

Just looked at the first page of the thread again and probably because he was mentioned twice. Not sure I was boasting though just being honest if that answers your question. Shame some people don’t respect honesty these days.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Another Jim Carey movie, except this one genuinely was panned at the time.

ae719def-62d6-45a6-a0f8-071f9d1da4c5.jpg
One of my favourite films.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Dunno, I can’t remember what I posted on here last week…..that was February :smile:
I got a book out of the library recently, got it home, and it took almost two chapters before I realised I’d got it out of the library only a month before. :facepalm: In my defence, it was partly because all the thrillers in that series look the same, similar covers and stories etc. What’s worse is that I even read the back cover blurb before taking it out a second time and I was thinking “Oh that sounds like an interesting storyline"
:amex::lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This Boy’s Life.

Decaprio and DeNiro.

Story of a young boys torment at the hands of his strict, abusive, redneck, everything-phobic stepfather.

Great film, hugely overlooked.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bicentennial Man hugely underrated

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I got a book out of the library recently, got it home, and it took almost two chapters before I realised I’d got it out of the library only a month before. :facepalm: In my defence, it was partly because all the thrillers in that series look the same, similar covers and stories etc. What’s worse is that I even read the back cover blurb before taking it out a second time and I was thinking “Oh that sounds like an interesting storyline"
:amex::lolol:
That's Lee Child for you.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood is great once you realise what it is.
First watch found it boring and slow as I went in expecting Pulp Fiction/Django level pacing and drama.
On subsequent watches really appreciate it more. There are so many quotable lines and subtly funny moments.
As a Bruce Lee fan I can't bring myself to watch it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood is great once you realise what it is.
First watch found it boring and slow as I went in expecting Pulp Fiction/Django level pacing and drama.
On subsequent watches really appreciate it more. There are so many quotable lines and subtly funny moments.
I really rated it

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ridley Scott's debut in 1977, a Conrad Story set in the Napoleonic Wars, beautific photography looks like a series of period paintings.

A stunning cast - the Yanks didn't take their usual wedge apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here