Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Underrated band of all time

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Barnet Seagull said:
You see, I'd say they were over-rated.

Agreed. Or at least, significantly 'rated'. Not sure what definition some people are using for under-rated. It'd be hard to find a band in Underworld's genre who've had more coverage, public awareness and commercial success – which to me are the 3 things you'd look to see major and unjust SHORTFALLS in in order to justify deeming someone 'under-rated'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gareth Glover said:
The Stranglers, no contest.

Never make the top 100 bands of all time for some reason. Vastly superior to the overrated sex pistols who both started at the same time.

The sex pistol make the top 10 but the Stranglers nowhere
???

Blimey my first visit back to NSC for eons and I find myself agreeing with Gareth! Just got the Audio Bully's Back to Mine which has Golden Brown and Peaches on and found myself wondering how on earth I didn't register their sheer genius at the time. Probably because I was about 10 years old....

My other vote goes to Flowered Up btw. Not only is 'Weekender' one of the best songs ever but they had a dancer called Barry Mooncult. Class.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Re: Re: Most Underrated band of all time

Guinness Boy said:
Blimey my first visit back to NSC for eons and I find myself agreeing with Gareth! Just got the Audio Bully's Back to Mine which has Golden Brown and Peaches on and found myself wondering how on earth I didn't register their sheer genius at the time. Probably because I was about 10 years old....

My other vote goes to Flowered Up btw. Not only is 'Weekender' one of the best songs ever but they had a dancer called Barry Mooncult. Class.

Egg Rush, It's on, Crackerjack, some great tracks. Shame there were caught up in the early 90's Manchester love in. Kind of disregarded as a poor man's Happy Mondays which was totally unfair.

bhaexpress said:
Well, I doubt that many here have heard of them but what about Little Feat ?

Yes, not a bad band at all, but perhaps a little late to be quintessential Americana, as The Band, CCR, Allmans and Eagles eclipsed all others.
They file between Ry Cooder and The Band imho - and Lowell George's 'Thanks I'll Eat It Here' is worthwhile.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
El Presidente said:
Living in Mancland I have to disagree

Well they weren't gods when I lived in Rusholme. For all of under three months, I admit, but it was still long enough to know the music scene a bit...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Talk Talk
The Silencers
Gin Blossoms
The Fixx
Dave Matthews
Jon Strong
Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports