Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most touching movie scenes

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Sophies Choice. The scene when Sophie had to decide which of her children would be sent to the gas chamber and which would be sent to the labour camp. If she didn't chose one then both would be sent to the gas chamber.

You justcouldnt/wouldnt make that choice, sometimes there is nothing humane about humans

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not as dramatic as most on here, but there's a moment in Love Actually when Emma Thompson's character opens a Christmas preset expecting it to be the beautiful necklace she found in her husband's (Alan Rickman) pocket, only for it to be a Joni Mitchell CD. It dawns on her he's given the necklace to someone else.

It's the reaction- momentarily devastated- followed by a rather British, stiff upper lip, mustn't-let-the-kids-see face, before she whisks them all up to go to the school Christmas play. Great acting & writing by all concerned.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Not as dramatic as most on here, but there's a moment in Love Actually when Emma Thompson's character opens a Christmas preset expecting it to be the beautiful necklace she found in her husband's (Alan Rickman) pocket, only for it to be a Joni Mitchell CD. It dawns on her he's given the necklace to someone else.

It's the reaction- momentarily devastated- followed by a rather British, stiff upper lip, mustn't-let-the-kids-see face, before she whisks them all up to go to the school Christmas play. Great acting & writing by all concerned.

Love Actually is a beautifully written and acted movie. One of my favourites.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ghost ! When Molly sees his ghost for the first and last time Boo Hoo !!!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Or the scene in Debby Does Dallas in the changing rooms when the whole squad knock the back out of her !!
Every boy should see DDD my mate charged us all 50p to watch it in 1980 worth every penny of my pocket money !!
GO DEBBY ±!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The end of Midnight Cowboy, where the Dustin Hoffman Ratso Ritzo character dies in the Greyhound Bus as they get to their destination in Florida,

And the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, as the Indian Chief discovers that the Jack Nicholson character has been left a vegetable through treatment, and then makes his dramatic escape...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Love Actually is a beautifully written and acted movie. One of my favourites.

Not generally my type of thing (Honest!), but it is such a good film. Beautifully written and acted, it was obvious that The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was meant to be in the same mould, but was nowhere near as brilliant.

I am always moved by a scene in The Adjustment Bureau. It's not even that sad, but I've seen the film 3 times and it has caused actual tears each time. Basically, Matt Damon is told that if he continues his relationship with Emily Blunt, she will end up teaching dance to children and he won't become the President. If he leaves her, then she goes on to be the worlds leading choreographer, and he becomes the President. There's just something about him having to choose love over their individual dreams that really gets me. Such a brilliant film, one of my favourites of the last few years.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
LOTR 3 -- The Return of the King, when the Hobbits bow to the newly crowned Aragorn, but he and Arwen, then slowly everyone in Minas Tirith, kneel to them. (Aragorn looks positively stricken that they feel the need to bow. Nice bit of acting by Viggo..)

"My friends, you bow to no one..."

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
One priest One Nun is quite touching type it in and enjoy !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here