Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most overated film in history just starting on ITV.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That's going straight off. Shawshank Redemption ? What a load of baloney.
How that appears on so many people's top films of all time is beyond me.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Odd that as I am was going to post one of the greatest films in history just starting on ITV.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
This is not the best movie of all-time much like Sgt Peppers isn't the greatest album so yes to a degree they are over rated however they are both superb pieces of work and not without merit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is not the best movie of all-time much like Sgt Peppers isn't the greatest album so yes to a degree they are over rated however they are both superb pieces of work and not without merit.

This!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just don't get how a great work like The Shawshank Redemption can be labelled as " baloney ". I just don't understand.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I just don't get how a great work like The Shawshank Redemption can be labelled as " baloney ". I just don't understand.

Frank Darabont is a shit director. I mean, The Green Mile is just laughable.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Darabont wrote a lot od scripts for Speilberg and other sentimental claptrap so I thought you might like him US.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Neither do I! Next thing you know, he's gonna say apacolypse now is shite

Very average film. Coppella running wild with a self indulgent, wildly over budgeted piece which did nothing to convey the horrors of Vietnam like The Deerhunter did.

Last edited:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It got little plaudits when it was released and only got popular through d.v.d word of mouth. But how it can be described as "most overrated" or "baloney" is beyond me. It's a very good film and Frank Darabont is a very capable director. If you fancy it, I saw "Dude where's my car" was on special offer in tesco

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
great film

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Frank Darabont is a shit director. I mean, The Green Mile is just laughable.

Ok. Each to their own but I suspect there is a bit of fishing going on here.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very average film. Coppella running wild with a self indulgent, wildly over budgeted piece which did nothing to convey the horrors of Vietnam like The Deerhunter did.

I would actually agree with you. I found AN very dissapointing. Platoon, Casualties of War, Full Metal Jacket, The Thin Red Line and Hamburger Hill were all superior films imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Morgan Freeman and thingy Robins do both put in excellent performances, which goes some way to raising a film.

But the direction, cinematograpghy, and script (as in, you know exactly where it's going) are hardly stand out classics.
There's a lot of Shawskank before any redemption.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here