Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most memorable - TRANMERE (h)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not many candidates for this. Games between us are pretty dull, we often beat them here, they always seem to beat us up there & Greenacre always scores.

My 1st ever Tranmere game, a midweek, end of season affair, turned out to be a 2-2 cracker with eddie spearritt scoring our goals

I also remember a game in 71-72 promotion year when we won 2-0 and a rare goal by the classy Brain bromley, on loan from Pompey, who scored after a long diagonal run across the pitch.

There's been some unusual goalscores in our rncounters. Sir Norman Gall,Ricky Marlowe, Tommy, Mason, Pat Hilton & Rapheal Meade were all rare scorers.

Tranmere also had Steve coppell, ken beamish and the former Everton goalkeeper Gordon West, appearing against us at various times.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
wouldnt mind a repeat of the play off season when we were 3 up after about half an hour

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember the OGH solo effort at Withers a few seasoons ago when Adams was in charge and of course Aldridge baggin 2 in the first game at the Goldstone after the play offs.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
10th April 1965
A 2-1 win ( goals from Bobby Smith and Norman Gall ) took the Albion to the top of Div 4 where they stayed until the end of the season.
Nearly 24000 in the Goldstone.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The away game where Ben Roberts went on a mazy run and then got tackled and lost the ball. He did save the penalty conceded by Chippy then but Chippy then managed to concede a second penalty which Tranmere put away.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
any visit from tranmere involving stuart barlow was well worth the entrance fee

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I remember the OGH solo effort at Withers a few seasoons ago when Adams was in charge and of course Aldridge baggin 2 in the first game at the Goldstone after the play offs.

My suggestion would have been the game in the Division 2 Championship season where Gary Hart scored an absolute blinder - I just needed confirmation that it was indeed against Tranmere as I suspected!

I remember it was one of a number of 1-0 wins that we carved out in the winter months, the most memorable being against Cardiff at Withdean where we scored a penalty within 15 minutes then proceeded to spend the whole rest of the match in our own penalty box with some of the most amazing goalmouth scraps I've ever seen.

But anyway, the Tranmere match. I seem to remember it being a fairly dull game that looked like it would end 0-0 until Hart came along and pulled out something special!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My suggestion would have been the game in the Division 2 Championship season where Gary Hart scored an absolute blinder - I just needed confirmation that it was indeed against Tranmere as I suspected!

Think that was the one that was possibly the wettest game ever in a Winter of soggy wins. There were ankle-deep rivers of freezing water running down the Withdean tunnel at the end. Lovely.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Not a happy memory, but a memorable one.

First game of the season in the Second Division, 1991. Beautiful hot sunny day at the Goldstone and we are looking forward to going one better than the previous season when we lost in the playoffs to that shite Warnock.

3rd Division Tranmere newly promoted to our league and the perfect team to play when you want to get off to a good start. They had thousands of fans there, which quite surprised me. I have never been able to watch the opposition celebrate (bad loser you see) but they did that day, when they won 2-0.

I am a glass half full type of Albion fan, but my usual optimistic attitude on the first day of every season is always tempered by the memory of Tranmere in 1991.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The away fixture this year is one that will stick in my mind for ever...my 4 year old son's first ever Albion game. Walking down the hill from where we parked hand in hand both sporting the stripes...reminded me of when my dad used to walk me across Hove Rec to watch Ward, Horton, Welly Ryan & co.

Poor performance, bad result, not sure he felt the same tingling sensation when Sussex by the Sea was sung, couldn't blame the lad for wearing his new Man U shirt solid for the remainder of the trip up north. He'd just spent all summer in Grimsby being influenced by his Man U supporting cousins. I'd imagine the little oiks had given him a bit of stick for his Albion shirt. Not a lost cause give him time he'll realise where his loyalties lie.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not a happy memory, but a memorable one.

First game of the season in the Second Division, 1991. Beautiful hot sunny day at the Goldstone and we are looking forward to going one better than the previous season when we lost in the playoffs to that shite Warnock.

3rd Division Tranmere newly promoted to our league and the perfect team to play when you want to get off to a good start. They had thousands of fans there, which quite surprised me. I have never been able to watch the opposition celebrate (bad loser you see) but they did that day, when they won 2-0.

I am a glass half full type of Albion fan, but my usual optimistic attitude on the first day of every season is always tempered by the memory of Tranmere in 1991.

I remember that one. Wasn't John Aldridge making his debut for them ? He might even have got both goals. Seem to recall a hapless stumble by Stefan Iovan to let Aldridge in for one of them in the north goal.

What a depressing season that was. Byrne and Small sold, inevitable relegation duley followed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yes i remember this one - The pitch was shite and Harty's screamer off the bar won it. Must have been 4 or 5 yrs ago now?

Koumas also hit the bar for Tranmere with a free kick - i remember games 4 or 5 yrs ago better than last season for some reason!:jester:

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
The dreadful 1st game of the season 91-92. Aldridge's 1st game them and he gets both goals in a 2-0 win. If I recall it was O'Reilly and Iovan at the back for us and they were shite !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here