Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Important Game Coming up Poll...

Which upcoming game do you want to win most?

• Leicester - Show Sven his high profile squad at just wasters

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • Liverpool - Micky mouse cup we can't win, but its still Liverpool

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Leeds - Arguably the biggest Championship team

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Palace - Beating the scum is still top priority

Votes: 116 84.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If the question was which game can't we LOSE, the answer would be palarse all day long, but beating leicester and drawing to palace is better than losing to leicester and beating palarse! IMO.
I'm sure we will beat palarse without trying, leicester will take a lot of effort.

We really don't need this over-confidence. Leicester are below palarse in the table.

I can't vote on this kind of thing, we need to see every game as a 'priority' match and take them as they come.
We'll meet an occasional lower team hitting great form and some higher teams in poor form.

Of course, we all want to beat palace and they all want to beat us. That's the nature of the beast, to give the rival a mauling.

If the question was which game can't we LOSE, the answer would be palarse all day long, but beating leicester and drawing to palace is better than losing to leicester and beating palarse! IMO.
I'm sure we will beat palarse without trying, leicester will take a lot of effort.

The days are long gone, when we might beat anyone "without trying". No players come to a match to lie down and get walked over - maybe in the 70's yes, but not any more.
They all value the points, and palace, Leics and Leeds will all be going hammer and tongs to win.

We *might* be in a slightly elevated position due to Portsmouth's penalty miss, but that means no club is going to think us a simple pushover.

The players will be bearing all this in mind, they need concentration and focus for every game

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
So no-one thinks of Leeds as a big club then? :lolol:

I actually think that the Leeds game is the best indication of whether we are as good as we think we are.

Leiceseter are just a two bob micky mouse outfit
Liverpool - no idea what sort ofteam Liverpool will put out so difficult to consider
Leeds - biggest club in the division, (or so they think) so - probbably the best indicator of the progress of "Project poyet" so far
Palace - an easy three points against another two bob micky mouse outfit that takes our cast offs. However, IF we LOSE:eek::rant::rant::rant:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not at all. I voted Leicester - as they're up next.

One game at a time, sweet Jesus.

Obviously Palace will be huge for the bog standard 'Palace Haters' but I think the Leicester game will give us a pretty good indication of how we are likely to do this season. If we get a result then I think promotion is a possibility but if we lose badly then maybe we not as good as the league position indicates.

One game at a time peeps. We have 3 massive games before Palace.

Precisely, how can the next one not be the most important ?

The next game is the most important....but yes, palace

The title of the poll is..... Which upcoming game do you want to win most? NOT which is more important!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tempted to vote Leicester, purely because 'our next game is the most important', but voted based on who we are playing, not when we're playing them, so voted palace.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I actually think that the Leeds game is the best indication of whether we are as good as we think we are.

Leiceseter are just a two bob micky mouse outfit

Palace - an easy three points against another two bob micky mouse outfit that takes our cast offs. However, IF we LOSE:eek::rant::rant::rant:

Umm...was this the "cast-off" that certain of your squad were desparately trying to talk into staying (accoding to the "Argus" back in May?

And whatever happened to that former saviour of the Withdean (remember that place?) Calvin Andrew.....try casting off your prejudice, mate.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The next game should be the answer everytime...

But obviously Palace is a must win just because it's Palace...

Who says we can't win the Michael Mouse Cup?..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the Leicester game will give us a pretty good indication of how we are likely to do this season. If we get a result then I think promotion is a possibility but if we lose badly then maybe we not as good as the league position indicates.
Unfortunately I agree.
Not really, Leeds have shown they can lose, so if we were to beat them we wouldn't learn much, not like if we got a result at Leicester. Leeds are the biggest club at the moment, but Leicester have much better players and will be a real test. I will be nervous on Saturday.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think about the next game only , so Leicester , Liverpool not so important , but then Leeds , then Palace..

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

It's comments like this that show the majority of your fans up as arrogant and deluded. I love it though, will make it all the more sweeter if we beat you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It's comments like this that show the majority of your fans up as arrogant and deluded. I love it though, will make it all the more sweeter if we beat you.

I have to agree with you. Some people think we are going to steamroller you lot and while I would LOVE that to be the case, in reality its different.

Im going for a 2-2.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

I think we'll steamroller you! Nice to have you back 5 Zero, where were you last Saturday night after your defeat and our victory. Was awfully quiet on here old chap, not a scummer in sight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here