Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most gutted after a football match

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Tubby Mondays said:
Werent you in goal for the treacle miners for that game?! Hardly sensible to turn up with you face painted and an inflatable clacker was it?

When has sensible ever come into it, for heaven's sakes?
It is a game played with emotion and, by god, emotions were running high that gloriously sunny day in February.

I couldn't eat for 2 hours after game. I felt that bad.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Play off Final 1991, I was the most gutted, even more so in hindsight when we consider what happened the next year.

Euro 96 V Germany. We lived in a rented house with this hideous small table which when opened played a tune like a music box. We took in the back garden and smashed it up after the penalty shoot out - Felt much better afterwards. I was convinced we were going to win that.

Euro 2000 - Not gutted (we were abject during that tournament) but I have never ever let go with a torrent of abuse so much as when Phil Neville perfomed THAT fould in the penalty area.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Goring Gull said:
Even though the World cup semi in 90 runs it very close it would have to be when teh Albion got Liverpool in the 4th round of the cup 91 in think 2-2 draw at Anfield got them back to goldstone and were leading 2-1 -5th round would have been on TV against Everton - and we blew it 3-2 in extra time...... I was gutted took me a few days to recover. My Dad had to get me leave at the end i just sat there hardly able to believe it.
Fcking hell. Another negative question regarding a negative outcome. What a misery.

May I suggest lithium carbonate?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FA Cup final replay
Play-off final versus Notts County
Grimsby away (when we got relegated)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
East Staffs Gull said:
Crewe away a few months ago. The most abject performance I'd ever witnessed and the realistation that we weren't going to stay in the Championship.

Good shout. That was the nail in my coffin as far as holding out hope went last season. Awful display and a very long pissed off jurney home! :nono:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Germany in 1990
Palace 0 - 5
Luton away last season
Stoke 1-5 when we laid down and died after 10 minutes, although thats when I realised McGhee is wearing the emperoros new clothes

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:
Even though the World cup semi in 90 runs it very close it would have to be when teh Albion got Liverpool in the 4th round of the cup 91 in think 2-2 draw at Anfield got them back to goldstone and were leading 2-1 -5th round would have been on TV against Everton - and we blew it 3-2 in extra time...... I was gutted took me a few days to recover. My Dad had to get me leave at the end i just sat there hardly able to believe it.

Yep fully agree. I hated liverpool for years after that. Then they became crap under souness and moran so I kinda thought justice was done.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
bit of a weird one but when we got turned over by Preston a few years back down at the Withdean when we got relegated from Division 1 , a bloody awful day because thats when i knew we were all but down , hurt like hell... smashed my room to pieces after that game :down:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Valencia because I really thought we would do it.

And of course Galatasaray, the most gutted, the most scared, the worst football game, the worst ground, the worst people I have ever had the displeasure of being in a ground with.

The Coca Joke Final in 1996.

Various other mid 80s games as well!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
It would have to be the '96 semi final, i was in portugal on holiday, just a 9 year old kid, i had the football bug and was blown to bits in agony. Also the france game in the euro championships 2004. The 2 late goals had my cryin in my beer. I have to say thou, Albion related would have to be the sheff wed game, no passion from the players and i was one of the last to leave the stand. I was absolutely gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here