D

Deleted member 18477

-germany 1-5 england

-the creation of the iPhone

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Moon landing. As the man said, one giant leap for mankind.
Ditto. Those who weren't around at the time don't realise what a HUGE global event it was. Believing that the Americans faked it (and then went on to fake it six more times) is the mark of a true modern idiot.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The day Britain won the Olympics, what an amazing feeling. Completely wrecked by the events of the following day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kicking a duck up the arse.

D

Deleted User X18H

Sorry for me it is everthing about the 1983 FA Cup Final from Monday 16th May - Friday 27th May 1983

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Although I didnt realise at the time, the election of Mrs Thatcher as PM, how we now need someone like her running the country now.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Have to say the Berlin Wall coming down and the end of communism in November 1989. I don't know what it must have been like travelling behind the Iron Curtain to go to football, following England; very grim I imagine. That said, there are still some very run-down places in Poland, Romania and Ukraine that make parts of Liverpool look like Los Angeles. The late-eighties were very depressing with a lot of transport and football disasters so it lifted a lot of the gloom and a brighter future for Eastern Europe.

The killing and capture of Osama Bin Laden in May was also a big breakthrough on terrorism.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
The Moon landing. Was the first "major" world event I can remember, I was 6 years old and we watched it on a black & White telly in the Gym of my primary School ( St Bartholemews)

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Almost anything that happened in the sixties. Space: dog - man - moon. Media: pirate radio - TV pictures across the Atlantic - live TV from Mexico '68 Olympics.
66 World Cup of course. Long/individual hairstyles and dress.
Later: my first pocket calulator and then computer - remember you sat A level Maths & Science exams in 1969 using 4-figure Log Tables for any calculations that could not be done longhand or in your head!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Still waiting for it: Bill Archer's death.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here