• Winning Consecutive Tiltles From 2000-2002

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other (Please State

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
One that hasn't been mentioned is Freeman's hat-trick against Mansfield in our first game back in sussex.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Despite having been to all of the polls memorable moments, my favourite was the 2-0 Goldstone win over Liverpool the season after we were relegated from the old 1st Division.

A great Goldstone moment and completely unexpected as we had lost quite a few of our star names.

FA Cup 1984 ? Conner and Ryan

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was going to go for Nige Earskine being mascot for a game at the Goldstone and nearly losing his shorts in front of the North Stand...but in all seriousness it has to be promotion to the old First Division, for me it really meant that we had arrived amongst the best in the country, the Cup Final was the icing on the cake and comes a pretty close second.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
The win at Hewcastle to put us into the 1st division and thousands of Geordies singing GOSBTS as our win meant Sunderland stayed down in Div 2.

BG

Also worth a mention from about the same time?

Away to Forest in the old Div 1 1980 when we broke there unbeaten record?

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Those were the days, courtesy of Mary Hopkins, will they ever return and we reach the Prem as it is now called. I hope so during my life time.

BG

There was also that League Cup game away at Forest about that time. Apart from us losing.

Fanatastic support that night, even though mid week game and with some fans not making it because there football special broke down.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There was a girl in my class who had bunked off school to go to the Forest game, sadly she was on the train that broke down!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Two, slighly obvious, ones that stand out:

1 - Winning promotion at Newcastle in 1979 and coming back on the train with all the players.

2 - Winning the semi-final against Sheff Wed in 1983 and the celebrations in Brighton afterwards. I enjoyed that day more than the final itself.

Also an honorable mention for the time we beat Aston Villa in 1972 (I think) in front of the MoTD cameras. I was dead chuffed that the rest of the country were going to see us on telly!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Beating Sheffield Wednesday, at Highbury, to reach the FA Cup Final.

Happy days...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My first one will always be going spastic when we equalised at Anfield in the FA Cup 1990/1991

Millwall at home in the play off semi final, THE 3RD AND 4TH GOALS

Fans United

Stuart Storers goal at Goldstone and the pitch invasion after the game, singing youll never walk alone at the top of our voices

Wilkins at Chesterfield hailing the away fans

Doug Lofts SCREAMER against Stoke

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
BG

Also worth a mention from about the same time?

Away to Forest in the old Div 1 1980 when we broke there unbeaten record?

I would agree but the best moment for me was being in Wembley Stadium, first time I had been there, and seeing the British Caledonian helicopter fly over. We were at Wembley and we were doing it different to every team before or since. Magic. (The game weren't bad either)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Brighton 7 York City 2 (1977?) in front of the MoTD cameras.

Or beating Bristol Rovers to get promoted in the last game of 1987-8 - because it was my last game as a resident of Hove Actually.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've done cup finals and semi-finals, play-off finals, Cullip headers against the Cheats, beating Liverpool on a Sunday but NOTHING comes close to Fans United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here