Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

most expensive awat day ever

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
was thinking that last nights game wouldnt cost too much was my biggest mistake ever. It turns out tht the brakes went on my car after i ended up in bristol. Didint have the rac cover so hanged around outside ashton gate till half twelve when i finally got told that i could have a got recovery truck. Paid £450 to be towed home. got into bed at 4am. shity performance, broken car and 450 down the pan.

Still nothing like supporting the albion eh?:shootself

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Unlucky , I had a similar experience once at withdean watching Chesterfield. My car rolled down a hill whilst I was in the ground, when I got back it had been towed away and was in Shoreham car pound. I only found this out after the old bill informed me. a very kind Albion fan gave me and my mates a lift to the pound, it was a Friday night in December freezing cold and the arsehole at the pound charged me a £100 to get the car free. We then ran out of petrol and had to walk to Tesco's to get fuel. My tip is get the train to footy.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
its easily over £100 for an away day on average

£15-20 match ticket
£30-40 train tickets
£15 for morning cab to train station, and one back when we arrive back to brighton
£15 for breakfast lunch and dinner out
£30-£40 on drinks for trains and pubs before and after

but then again its normally a good 15 hour day out, and when you get comments from mcghee saying the game was unimportant :censored:

probably talking £2000 a season :down: but i love every minute of it and will keep doing it, because its the albion

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sainsburys Seagull said:
was thinking that last nights game wouldnt cost too much was my biggest mistake ever. It turns out tht the brakes went on my car after i ended up in bristol. Didint have the rac cover so hanged around outside ashton gate till half twelve when i finally got told that i could have a got recovery truck. Paid £450 to be towed home. got into bed at 4am. shity performance, broken car and 450 down the pan.

But apart from that, fine?

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Re: most expensive away day ever

Tom Hark said:
But apart from that, fine?

oh yeah all ok. 150 nug to complete the work. get the car back 2mrw. all sweet.

maybe the club should sort out free away day travel sometime for us loyals. :rolleyes:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i spent £350 on an away day [left at 4am got home at 2am] to Zagreb in October

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
Done a few euro's in Le Harve (1st game) but on my way to the play off i drew out about 80 quid for the pair of us, hung over the following morning my mate rang me up, when he asked me how much i'd done, i looked in my wallet and replied " shit I've only got £40 left" his reply was that that wasn't bad as he was skint, my reply was "Yeah but I collected £52 each off TEN people for the minibus and tickets!!"

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hiney said:
What he said

Chesterfield 2 years ago, got done by a speed camera on the way back, taking me to 12 points.

£300 fine plus solicitor costs for his help in keeping me from a ban.

"But your honour, I need my car to work" by any chance?

Neighbour of mine did that. Got done again. Car is still impounded :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
not footty related, though me and a few mates were on holiday i nFrance some years ago, and went to Paris for the day.. language/creditcard probs to start with, ended up standing 2.5hrs on the train, then got lost several times around paris..I think we must have chosen the most expensive bar to rest for a drink (worked out about £4 a pint!)

eventually made our way back to le station, ony to find they had called an effing walkout..

so, do we try and find a ripoff hotel, kip on the station floor (the local kops didnt seem keen on us doing that..) ,or hire a car one way..

at 11pm our options were diminishing v quickly, but found one place still open, and betwen us had all they need (passport, credit card, d/licence.. noy all from the same person!)

got back to hotel at 00-its goddam-early o'clock, after being tailgated most of the way by some nightmarish lorry drivers.

strangely, it was part of the best holidays we ever had!

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Sainsburys Seagull said:

Still nothing like supporting the albion eh?:shootself

Should've given me a call i'd have sorted you a free or cheap tow home.

which company towed you home, Brooks, Qas?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Sainsburys Seagull said:
got towed home by hiltons, the garage is in weston super mare. wish i had known....

Hintons they have base in Bath as well, good lads.

Make sure you get some breakdown cover for future

Go AA or Britannia Rescue might cost you slightly more but you get what you pay for Green flag are ok - But i'm personally not keen on what i hear about the Rac.

Last edited:

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
trust me i aint trekking to another away game without proper cover now. they were pretty good in getting me back, was just glad to get home. cant be paying £450 quid to get home if i break down again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here