Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most disappointing cricket WC i can remember

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I watched a lot of the Pakistan/Canada match yesterday and I would think there were a few twitchy arses in the Pakistan dressing room.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
To be honest, at the Group Stage, I would only ever be watching England anyway, so I've thought it's been brilliant edge of the seat stuff every time I've sat down to watch a game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Most disappointing cricket WC i can remember

TBH, I don't think I can remember any previous cricket WC, tours and test matches yes, but the last cricket WC, no idea :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
3335505025_4a89cbeff6.jpg
This one looks pretty crap.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
They're not even having associate nations in the next one. Unfortunately, it's probably for the best.

Although Zimbabwe and Bangladesh got hammered today as full ICC members against teams who aren't exactly the best in the world. Very surprised at how one sided most of the games have been...

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
All I remember about the last one was that it was tedious and went on for about 6 months. To be honest, I don't really recall the details of many of them bar the odd match here and there - Sri Lanka beating Australia in 1996, the tied Australia/South Africa semi in 1999 and the farcical England/South Africa match in 1992 stick in my mind, but precious little else does.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
In terms of even contests, I'd definitely agree, although I still think having the associates is worthwhile and can provide interesting match-ups: Ireland V England, and Canada V Pakistan was tasty yesterday as well. Only taken an interest in every game because of my fantasy team though really

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Actually I think every WC has been disappointing. If you exclude every good game, they were all RUBBISH.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They're not even having associate nations in the next one. Unfortunately, it's probably for the best.

Although Zimbabwe and Bangladesh got hammered today as full ICC members against teams who aren't exactly the best in the world. Very surprised at how one sided most of the games have been...

Well we've been performing like an associate nation, hopefully they will cull us too because we don't deserve to be stinking out the greatest cricket show on earth.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Undoubtedly it's been awful but the last one was worse. I am a cricket lover but I barely watch the World Cup, it's a tedious, joke tournament.

Anyway England won their 'World cup' in Australia. Something of a thrashing I seem to remember.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Undoubtedly it's been awful but the last one was worse. I am a cricket lover but I barely watch the World Cup, it's a tedious, joke tournament.

Anyway England won their 'World cup' in Australia. Something of a thrashing I seem to remember.

The ashes is the world cup, means more to all the england fans and players and they have won that already, so bring them home i say.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Apart from england's 3 games of drama. It's all been one sided bollocks! Very disappointing.

I'm assuming you didn't watch the last world cup in the west indies,what a shambles.
Apart from the England games it has gone true to form.But when the group stages are over there will be some great matches as long as the pitches remain the same.
I'm hoping for an India/Pakistan game at some point,what a game that will be.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I'm assuming you didn't watch the last world cup in the west indies,what a shambles.
Apart from the England games it has gone true to form.But when the group stages are over there will be some great matches as long as the pitches remain the same.
I'm hoping for an India/Pakistan game at some point,what a game that will be.

I suppose i was making the point that the likes of Kenya and Canada shouldn't be there to be humiliated. Yea India v Pakistan would be very tasty indeed atmosphere-wise.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its not worth tuning in unti the quarters usually!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here