Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

most awesome moments at a gig, ever?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Who are your favourite actors?

Probably be done before but who are yours?

Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro, Bruce Willis, Joe Pesci and Samuel L Jackson for me.
Done some brilliant films between them too :clap2:

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Bon Scott walking through the audience with Angus Young on his shoulders, Brighton Centre 1979.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Hyde Park this year. Neil Young encoring with A Day In The Life and being joined on stage by co-composer of this wonderful toon and sometime favourite of many NSC posters, only Paul f...ing McCartnery, that's who.

The Who coming on stage at Charlton 1976 after it had been pissing down all day, with Daltrey falling over and sliding across the stage on his arse, for sheer comic delight.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
mmmm, I forgot (shoot me now) about Neil, the godhead, Young and Crazyhorse at Sidney Myer Music Bowl doing the Greendale extravaganza plus pure a Crazyhorsetastic encore on the night England beat Australia in that stupid rugby world cup....
The only time I've ever flown across a continent for a gig, and then flew back the other way the next morning to see another one (Rock-It festival featuring Jack Johnson, Donavan Frankenreiter, the awe inspiring Living End and the shitehouse over rated Powederfinger (how dare they use that name)).
:guitar:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The Clash on hastings pier - give em enough rope tour - supported by the slits and the the london calling tour - all pier gigs in those days were great because the place shook when the pogoing started -
gang of 4 and Siouxsie and the banshees also at hastings pier 1978
joy divison at the nashville in 79 and every teen beats gig up until 1979
loved the top rank too

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The Clash on hastings pier - give em enough rope tour - supported by the slits and the the london calling tour - all pier gigs in those days were great because the place shook when the pogoing started -
loved the top rank too
:bowdown:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As mentioned, Pete Townshend with the Clash
David Bowie on stage with Iggy Pop at the Rainbow
The Buzzcocks (with Howard Devoto) in that crypt in North Road - where it was almost hard to tell audience and band apart
The Jam playing "There's a riot going on" as fights break out during a gig at the old Embassy cinema
Not really a gig moment, but gatecrashing post-gig party after The Clash Sussex Uni gig in May 1977.

dancing with lancing

loved the top rank too

yep clash on hastings pier cracking,went with a few of the lancing lads for that one!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bon Scott walking through the audience with Angus Young on his shoulders, Brighton Centre 1979.

*Jealous*

Seeing Angus at Wembley this year was good though, as was McCartney at the Albert Hall.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The time down the place which was Coasters ( Cant think of the name now !!)

Anyway, Peter Gabriel was there and he says to the crowd, "Im going to do a song about a man called Steve Biko, anyone out there know who he is ?"
and my mate shouts out "He is a dead wog !!!"

Immediate Chaos and a mass ruck starts all around us and Peter Gabriel walks off stage
:lolol::lolol:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
The Ruts at the Marquee doing their encore of human punk and then being told it had just been recorded for their debut album.

Have seen on YouTube Animal joining Metallica at some point. Seems weird to see Metallica singing 'I've been to Hastings and I've been to Brighton. I've been to Eastbourne too!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Last night of The Rising Tour 2003, Shea Stadium New York, home to the Mets.
Born to Run was playing and we were in the Gods, third tier, in an old concrete stadium.
So much bouncing up and down by the crowd during this, I swear that the floor was bouncing,it was quite was scarey, I had visions of the concrete collapsing and the stand falling down like a pack of cards.
Unforgettable.
One of the greatest songs of all time.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=K9fd7d1Gpo8&feature=related

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here