Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mortgage advise?

cronemeister

Jan 16, 2006
B.M.F said:
Anyone on here work as a Mortgage advisor? I am a first time buyer and want to know what Mortgage would be best to go for. Any of you older members rate or hate their current Lenders. I know C&G are bollox as I have had dealings with them. Any help greatly appreciated guys and girls :thumbsup:

I used to be a mortgage advisor. Dunno what deals are good at the mo cos I have my own FA to sort all this out.....having worked in the business for 3 years I realised what a f***ing minefield it is so decided to let someone else do the donkey work. My experience has come in useful cos at least I can tell if I'm being ripped off or not !!

Anyhoo...back to you. As a first time buyer a fixed rate mortgage is probably best for you....although this will depend on your circumstances. If you are loaded for instance and you're not bothered about your payments changing as interest rates do then you can generally get better rates with a discounted or a tracker. If however you need the security of knowing how much you are gonna be paying every month then I would go for a fixed....but shop around. There will be loads of deals offering no fees etc. Basically if you can get a decent one that doesn't have any valuation fee (normally only covers a standard valuation though) no solicitors fee and no arrangment fee. This can save you getting on for about £1000. The places I look nowadays just to see whats happening in the market are moneysupermarket and moneyfacts (.com or .co.uk...can't remember which !).

Good Luck !!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Northern Rock will lend you whatever the f*** you want, basically. You'll love them in the short term... then you can switch to another deal after 3/4 years.

as long as you dont want to buy a flat over retail premises.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: Mortgage advise?

cronemeister said:
I used to be a mortgage advisor. Dunno what deals are good at the mo cos I have my own FA to sort all this out.....having worked in the business for 3 years I realised what a f***ing minefield it is so decided to let someone else do the donkey work. My experience has come in useful cos at least I can tell if I'm being ripped off or not !!

Anyhoo...back to you. As a first time buyer a fixed rate mortgage is probably best for you....although this will depend on your circumstances. If you are loaded for instance and you're not bothered about your payments changing as interest rates do then you can generally get better rates with a discounted or a tracker. If however you need the security of knowing how much you are gonna be paying every month then I would go for a fixed....but shop around. There will be loads of deals offering no fees etc. Basically if you can get a decent one that doesn't have any valuation fee (normally only covers a standard valuation though) no solicitors fee and no arrangment fee. This can save you getting on for about £1000. The places I look nowadays just to see whats happening in the market are moneysupermarket and moneyfacts (.com or .co.uk...can't remember which !).

Good Luck !!

Cheers Cronie. I have had a look at moneysupermarket etc and have got a meeting with a mortgage advisor tomorrow afternoon so will knowa bit more then. Have already been offered more than I was expecting through the Halifax so hopefully the first step on the ladder is not too far away now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here