Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mortgage advice

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would add a word of caution about interest only... unless you do it properly and save a suitable amount in an investment your not doing much more than renting, with your bank as the landlord. I looked at it but the sums just dont add up, only saving about 25-30% in payments to own nothing.

Question is, do you want a property/equity or just a really big loan.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is best to do repayment as you say even if you extend the term to 30 or 35 years as at least you are eating into the mortgage debt.

If you have a 95% interest only mortgage and property prices fall by 6% you are in negative equity and that is not nice.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
good bounce! yea hows it going morris?

2 weeks ago i had my offer accepted, i've had the survey, solicitors, valuation etc all sorted, costs an absolute fortune.

Solitors £1200
Stamp duty £1700
Valuation £400

Thats not including my deposit.

but if i can buy a 1 bed flat in one of the most expensive areas in the country on my shitty wages, anyone can.

:drink: heres to the completion :angel:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Uncle Spielberg said:
It is best to do repayment as you say even if you extend the term to 30 or 35 years as at least you are eating into the mortgage debt.

If you have a 95% interest only mortgage and property prices fall by 6% you are in negative equity and that is not nice.

Ur still in NE if it were repayment please explain

Big Rob

Nov 2, 2005
Dont worry about mortages, i got big lovely double room you can rent, were all Brighton daft here too, in hove actually

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Read the whole context of the reply CR :jester:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CR

The 2 sentances are unrelated to each other they do not follow on from each other

Now don;t you have some ringfencing to do ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Richie, see if you can get an evening job sweeping chimneys - don't bother with a mortgage, pay cash - sorted :smokin:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Uncle Spielberg said:
CR

The 2 sentances are unrelated to each other they do not follow on from each other

Now don;t you have some ringfencing to do ???

No that's ilegal, what I do have to do is chase a few survey's though, dont you just hate those mortgage advisors that to this day believe that 3 weeks after mortgage application us EA's think that all must be well with the application??? anyway will probably speak to you soon no doubt:wave: :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here