Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Morrissey playing Brighton Centre

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
17th December, but I can't find any ticket information.
Does anyone know if its sold out already or are they not on sale yet?

Jul 20, 2003
sad to say, but I doubt it's sold out yet
needless to say, as soon as I hear any news re: tickets I'm having one

.........can you buy daffodils in December?

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
SUPERB!!!!!!!!
Im going to earls court but isnt the 17 dec the night we play stoke? Anyone need a ticket for the game

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Theres only seats available at Earls Court all the standing has sold out.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Been a fan for a long time but I would never see him live again. Complete rip off shows. Absolute waste of money. However if you want to blow your money on a 40 minute show thats up to you. Maybe he has mellowed now he is older... Maybe he can do a whole hour...

I'm amazed that Smiths fans are still so into him. He's a total self-parody now and just watching him now makes me cringe, he's really just pissing on the genius of his early years.

He has nothing interesting to say, he can't write with any insight or feeling about social or political events (even in his Smiths days those were his worst songs). He wrote brilliantly about teen alienation, that stuff will never be bettered, but FFS he's in his forties now and he can't pull that stuff off any more, he's a rich tax exile, who on earth wants to hear what insights that gives him about existence, your warbling says nothing to me about my life Morrissey old chap.

Also, it was Johnny Marr's guitar that injected the sex into the Smiths, without him Morrissey's just turning into some decrepit cross between Charles Hawtrey and Danny la Rue without the frocks.

His gig at the Brighton Dome in 1985 is probably my favourite ever but I'll never spoil those great memories by going to see him now.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm too young to have seen The Smiths but I've got a ticket for Earls Court and I reckon it's going to be f***ing Panasonic.

Cannae wait

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
what the f*** is happening with the mozza tkts, ????

a friend of mine rang up this morning and said no tickets r on sale.

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
London Irish said:
I'm amazed that Smiths fans are still so into him. He's a total self-parody now and just watching him now makes me cringe, he's really just pissing on the genius of his early years.

Too right. I used to LOVE The Smiths and even thought that Viva Hate and Vauxhall & I were worthy additions to his discography, but You Are the Quarry is just the out of touch, self wallowing moanings of a man who realises he is no longer relevant.

The Never-Played Symphonies - admittedly a b-side but shows the full cringe worthy truth:

"You were one, you knew you were one
and you slipped right thru my fingers
No not literally but metaphorically"

"No not literally but metaphorically"!!!!!!! FFS

This is coming from the same man who write this magestic couplet:

I am the son and the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

TRAGIC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here