Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Morning Radio - Danny Baker

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Danny Baker's show on the old Radio 5 was the best radio ever bar none. He has never quite cut the mustard since, probably because he started to get too big for his boots.

Still wish they would team him and Danny Kelly up together again on Five live though. It was far better than any Saturday morning fare since

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Re: Re: Morning Radio - Danny Baker

Wozza said:
Fans United would never have happened without Danny and the mid-week 606 show on Radio 5.

He even wore an Albion scarf on TFI Friday in a show of solidarity.

The guy's a STAR.

Yeah, I remember that.

He's also a mate of Mrs Gwylan; they grew up together on the same estate.

Top bloke.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
chips and gravy said:
Danny Baker's show on the old Radio 5 was the best radio ever bar none. He has never quite cut the mustard since, probably because he started to get too big for his boots.

I remember his describing what would happen when the new Five Live was announced as "News and Sport" it went along the lines of .......

..... I am in Sarajevo amongst the bodies of this latest atrocity, children without parents, the horror of the aftermath ........ but Wait there's been a goal at Stamford Bridge .......

Still makes me smile.

Funny old phrase too big for his boots. He is a bloke who has pulled himself up by his bootstraps - no leg-ups from a parent in the media, private school etc, and he is now confident in his abilities to give a good show, and as he says, fill three hours of radio every morning keeping it fresh and funny. He is a top man.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Danny Baker is quality.
I actually tried to call, to claim one of the Simpson characters
as my own. I wanted to be Reverend Lovejoy.
That probably makes no sense to anyone that doesn't listen.

When he did 606 it was so much better, now its just people
from Premiershite clubs moaning about refs and managers,
it used to be a fans phone in, about fans - prices, pies, comedy
moments, protests etc. Now its dull dull dull.

Keep up the good work Danny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here