Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More trouble brewing

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
Or drop Lynch for Mayo?

No, no... please, please NO!... Mayo will be murdered AGAIN... he just hasn't got the pace to play lb in the CCC...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
McShane seemed to be involved in an exchange with Kuipers shortly before the 2nd goal, did anybody else see this?

After the 2nd goal, from what I could see, Kuipers turned on Lynch and Butters and McShane immediately turned on Kuipers. Whether it was Kuiper's pass or the fact that he immediately looked to blame Lynch that led to the others having a go at him I couldn't say.

For what it is worth, I thought that neither Carpenter, Kuipers or Lynch were blameless. Carpenter put unnecessary pressure on Kuipers who played Lynch into trouble but Lynch's touch could have been a lot better.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Deano's Right Foot said:
I don't think that snyone is going to get dropped for JUST that one incident. But McGhee could possibly see it as a part of Kuiper's perceived distribution problem. With hindsight it could be construed as a fairly reckless throw-out.

For what it's worth I expect Lynch and Henderson to start next game.

So do I, but I don't think the FDM SHOULD be dropped for that mistake, and nor do I think Lynch SHOULD be dropped for that matter...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Elms said:
To be fair, it was a crap back-pass from Chippy in the first place & Kuipers didn't seem to have much time to deal with it. Back-passes should always be put wide of the goal, just in case. As mentioned in a previous thread, watching the replay yesterday McShane seemed to be gesturing to Kuipers to play it wide, then had a right go at him for not punting it up the field.

Yes, I saw that as well... seems a bit strange that he should suggest a pass to Lynch, then berate the FDM for follwing his suggestion!!...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It wasa suicidal ball by Kuipers as Lynch had a man on him and had it been Ashley Cole playing there it would probably have ended up the same. No blame can be attached to Lynch at all it is all down to a bad pass out by Kuipers.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If Lynch couldn't do the normal thing like control it or hoof it away then he shouldn't be playing at this level.Kuipers is not to blame

Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
There was a heated exchange between Kuipers and Mcshane during the game that everyone saw and certain words were said that Mcshane did not take kindly too.The rest is in house but it will all make Mcgee`s decision easier.

larus

Bring in Hendo please.

As for young Joel, I've seen him play twice, and think he's done well.

IF it was partly his mistake, don't have a go at him FFS. God, he's a youth teamer, and he's been drafted in because our other options haven't done too well. He's played 3 / 4 games now, and made possibly one f***-up.

He's played against Southampton, Leeds, Shef Utd, all teams with very experienced players.

IMO, he's doing fine. Well done Joel.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Harsh to blame MK for this, I think it is 50:50. The young lad could have got rid and should have done, but MK should propably not have put him under pressure given his lack of experience.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Gaffer said:
Poor FDM. It was a bad throw though. I immediately thought that would lead to FDM being dropped. It's tough out there.:(

And yet he still pulled off some great saves, not least that incredible dive to his right near the end.

Was such a shame that throw he sent over to Lynchy. Kipper had all the time in the world, but rushed Lynch into making a mistake. Tough, as you say.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
H block said:
More trouble brewing.

Magee was less than happy over Kuipers outburst at Lynch over Ifill`s goal on saturday.Reminding Kuipers of Lynch`s inexperience Magee did not seem best pleased over incident.Expect Henderson in for next match.

without reading any more posts below this one, i feel its a definate, that henderson will be in for the next game, regardless of how Mcghee fells about kuipers attitude, (IMHO)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the problem was the ball need to be distributed to Lynch's feet so he could knock it inside if need be but Kuipers gave it to him up in the air so he had to try and control it first before he could do anything with it. I personally think Kuipers was at fault.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The whole issue seems to be over the having a go at a young player, maybe Mich should have bit his lip and spoken quietly to Joel after the game. I am sure Joel knows that he needed to be quicker in that instance and no doubt feels bad that he contributed to letting in a goal. Some players need a bollocking when they make a mistake, some need encourgement to come through. The players clearly think that Joel needs encourgement rather than a bollocking at this stage of his career and thats why they turned back on Mich. No doubt this has all been forgotton now by the players and they are ready to put it behind them and get on with the next game.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It was a dodgy pass from Kuipers - although Lynch also could have done better, he never should have had to receive the ball with a winger bearing down on him and few, if any, options on.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sorry I was talking out of my arse. Just watched it again. I actually blame Carpenter, Kuipers and the rest of that defence on that side. Carpenter because he put Kuipers under unnecessary pressure, Kuipers because he had more time to control it and hoff it or play a better ball and the the centre halfs, McShane for telling Kuipers to go wide and both McShane and Butters for not giving Lynch more warning (although he could of controlled it better). At the end of the day the only crimes that were committed were us attempting to play to much football at the back and Kuipers for having a go at Lynch and not advising him.

Les Biehn said:
Sorry I was talking out of my arse. Just watched it again. I actually blame Carpenter, Kuipers and the rest of that defence on that side. Carpenter because he put Kuipers under unnecessary pressure, Kuipers because he had more time to control it and hoff it or play a better ball and the the centre halfs, McShane for telling Kuipers to go wide and both McShane and Butters for not giving Lynch more warning (although he could of controlled it better). At the end of the day the only crimes that were committed were us attempting to play to much football at the back and Kuipers for having a go at Lynch and not advising him.

I agree there was a lot of blame to go round.

But I have to say Lynch did look very nervous on the ball all game. Even in the first half I was inwardly groaning when someone decided to pass to him, because his pass completion rate after that was so poor.

Kuipers has to accept some blame for putting a nervous young player under pressure, but a few of the other defenders and midfielders did at times in the game too!

Young players are going to make mistakes though, it's a fact of life, and I guess I am pleased that this and other threads are going easy on Lynch rather than repeating the experience with Harding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here