Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More trouble brewing

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
More trouble brewing.

Magee was less than happy over Kuipers outburst at Lynch over Ifill`s goal on saturday.Reminding Kuipers of Lynch`s inexperience Magee did not seem best pleased over incident.Expect Henderson in for next match.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
It was interesting to see the defence blast FDM ater the goal! There were quite a few words exchanged.

Vicar!

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I don't think that snyone is going to get dropped for JUST that one incident. But McGhee could possibly see it as a part of Kuiper's perceived distribution problem. With hindsight it could be construed as a fairly reckless throw-out.

For what it's worth I expect Lynch and Henderson to start next game.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Vicar! said:
It was interesting to see the defence blast FDM ater the goal! There were quite a few words exchanged.

Vicar!

Yep. McShane was furious.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
FDM stitched the kid up bigtime. Then to blast him was harsh as hell. I think its speaks volumes 4 the worry FDM must have over his place in the team.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
westy said:
FDM stitched the kid up bigtime. Then to blast him was harsh as hell. I think its speaks volumes 4 the worry FDM must have over his place in the team.

He's under so much pressure and uncertainty it can't help his performance

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
To be fair, it was a crap back-pass from Chippy in the first place & Kuipers didn't seem to have much time to deal with it. Back-passes should always be put wide of the goal, just in case. As mentioned in a previous thread, watching the replay yesterday McShane seemed to be gesturing to Kuipers to play it wide, then had a right go at him for not punting it up the field.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Not sure how it is Kuipers fault! Lynch was caught napping, simple as, he should have got rid of the ball quicker. If you're playing in the first team then you're deemed too be good enough, why should Kuipers have to be concerned about who he passes to on our team?

That said I'm not having a go at Lynch. He'll be alright and is a great prospect. But as someone else said - it's tough out there.

Beartown Seagull

Jan 11, 2006
Brighton
Have to say I agree. How was it Kuiper's fault? Lynch may be a good prospect for the future but he was too inexperienced to cope with a team flying so high in the Championship. Just hope it hasn't shaken his confidence too much.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Beartown Seagull said:
Have to say I agree. How was it Kuiper's fault? Lynch may be a good prospect for the future but he was too inexperienced to cope with a team flying so high in the Championship. Just hope it hasn't shaken his confidence too much.

Mcghee taking him off straight after goal prob did more to damage his confidence.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree - it was a simply a mistake by Lynch, and not Kuipers' fault at all. It's all very well to say boot it up field after the event, but usually that is tantamount to giving the ball back to the opposition.

In reality, Lynch's first touch was appalling and I reckon he knows it. however, you can't really excuse the FDM berating him for his mistake. That's always a definite no-no, and there's even less of an excuse when you're having a pop at a teenager making only his third appearance or whatever. The FDM is supposed to be a senior player and should know better.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
I agree - it was a simply a mistake by Lynch, and not Kuipers' fault at all. It's all very well to say boot it up field after the event, but usually that is tantamount to giving the ball back to the opposition.

If in doubt.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
If in doubt.

If our keeper had doubts in his defence then we are in trouble.

I'd much rather see Kuipers pass the ball to our own team than just hoof it. Only worth a hoof if there are no opinoins available or we have a big target man that wins more balls than he loses in the air. We don't so we're better off playing out of trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here